XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SIM Unlock doesn't work

Tip us?

Mr User
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SIM Unlock doesn't work

So I have an HTC One, it's running the latest Android Rev HD version (4.4). Recently my contract with Tmobile expired and I got a Lycamobile sim, along with an unlock code. I'm used to the network unlocking procedures, but for this HTC One, after I\ve typed in the code it says successful, rebooting, but doesn't reboot, simply freezes itself. After a while, it's responsive again, but it's showing the window for the unlock code again. I've tried putting the unlock code multiple times, each times is successful, rebooting but then again freezes and fails. What am I doing wrong? Is it the ROM ?

elvisypi
Old
Thanks Meter 1243

DONATE TO ME
Probably. ARHD was based of dev edition. US carrier versions aren't out yet. So you better try with a stock 4.3 ROM

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
if you like my post
Devices:
HTC One
ROM : InsertCoin 7.1-4

HTC Sensation
ROM : ViperS 5.0 Sense 5
The Following User Says Thank You to elvisypi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hatlesssandman
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Ok so I had a similar issue with my AT&T HTC one. First of all make sure you don't have a security lock screen enabled (basically make sure you don't need to enter a password to get into phone). Secondly I turned my Wi-Fi off just in case (so the phone wasn't connected to the internet). And make sure you are on a sense based Rom (I was using sky Dragon Rom).

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
HTC One | Blue | S-OFF | SkyDragon Sense 5.5

Mr User
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi View Post
Probably. ARHD was based of dev edition. US carrier versions aren't out yet. So you better try with a stock 4.3 ROM

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Ok, so do I go back to stock with the RUU or can I use ARHD 4.3 ?

L0rdNels0n
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr User View Post
Ok, so do I go back to stock with the RUU or can I use ARHD 4.3 ?
You can use the latest ARHD 41.0, when the phone is unlocked this only changes the allowed sim

Look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj1oRHVRSF8

Then maybe this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ckunit.htc_one

longuyen88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr User View Post
So I have an HTC One, it's running the latest Android Rev HD version (4.4). Recently my contract with Tmobile expired and I got a Lycamobile sim, along with an unlock code. I'm used to the network unlocking procedures, but for this HTC One, after I\ve typed in the code it says successful, rebooting, but doesn't reboot, simply freezes itself. After a while, it's responsive again, but it's showing the window for the unlock code again. I've tried putting the unlock code multiple times, each times is successful, rebooting but then again freezes and fails. What am I doing wrong? Is it the ROM ?
I was able to use my unlock code on ARHD. I tried several times at first with similar results. The method that worked:

1) insert foreign sim
2) enter unlock code
3) wait until it freezes on "rebooting"
4) manually turn off the phone
5) remove foreign sim while phone is OFF
6) turn on phone
7) place foreign sim back, HOILA!