5,594,700 Members 33,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help Clockwork recovery failed backup

Tip us?
 
killtrippy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default [Q] Need help Clockwork recovery failed backup

Hey guys yesterday i tried to make a backup using clockwork recovery and it failed and now when i check my memory it says 800 free of 12.0 gb.
I dont know what to do there is no file or anything. Should i try to format my card?
 
killtrippy
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrippy View Post
Hey guys yesterday i tried to make a backup using clockwork recovery and it failed and now when i check my memory it says 800 free of 12.0 gb.
I dont know what to do there is no file or anything. Should i try to format my card?
Still need help please! I really dont want to replace my S3 for $125. Im sure something is able to fix it
 
aussie88
Old
#3  
aussie88's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 68
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere warm ;)
What version of CWM do you have and what ROM are you running? And did you have that little space left all along or was it only after you tried making a backup?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
 
killtrippy
Old
(Last edited by killtrippy; 6th January 2014 at 07:04 AM.)
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie88 View Post
What version of CWM do you have and what ROM are you running? And did you have that little space left all along or was it only after you tried making a backup?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
Im not sure but its not that i tried to backup a stock version of the latest legit ROM from samsung and it failed and phone restarted and now it show like 500 mb's left on my phone. I check all files on the phone and nothing is taking up space all the files on my phone together is like 2gb. not sure whats wrong. I installed a different rom to check if thats a issue with the stock Samsung ROM but nope it still same.

EDIT: I just tried to format the DATA partition which it shows takes up 12GB but didnt do anything.
 
aussie88
Old
#5  
aussie88's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 68
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere warm ;)
Well if you're running an older version of CWM, you will have issues with any 4.3 roms, stock or not. I would firstly upgrade to the latest version of CWM, and then if you can, use a root Explorer either on your phone or laptop to see hidden files.
I personally had an issue due to having an older version of CWM, and I had a few gb of data hidden behind a bunch of nested 0 folders.
If you still don't see anything, then maybe a format of the internal SD thru CWM is in order. Hopefully you have/are able to back up all that info before you need to do that tho.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
 
killtrippy
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie88 View Post
Well if you're running an older version of CWM, you will have issues with any 4.3 roms, stock or not. I would firstly upgrade to the latest version of CWM, and then if you can, use a root Explorer either on your phone or laptop to see hidden files.
I personally had an issue due to having an older version of CWM, and I had a few gb of data hidden behind a bunch of nested 0 folders.
If you still don't see anything, then maybe a format of the internal SD thru CWM is in order. Hopefully you have/are able to back up all that info before you need to do that tho.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
I am running the LATEST version of CWM i remembered i checked like 2 weeks ago i can check again but shouldnt be a problem. Ill check right now with root explorer and see if i find any files. I already backed up everything on my SD card.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more