[Q] Can't save build.prop edits - Rooted MF3

Search This thread

synesthesiac

Dec 17, 2013
Hi, first time poster here. I can usually find what I need, but I'm stumped here.

I'm running a rooted Galaxy S4 on ATT with the i337ucuamf3 build.

I've successfully installed viper4android, but it only works on and off, with Google Music.

I'm pretty sure the fix for this is to change the build.prop lines: Ipa.decode, tunnel.decode and Ipa.use-stagefright.

I've tried everything that I can think of, but I no matter how I make the changes, they will not save. I've tried mounting System R/W in Rom Toolbox, and booting into System R/W. I've made the changes with Rom Toolbox Pro and ES File Manager. Nothing works.

Can anybody tell me if I just can't make these changes to build.prop because of the build I'm running?

Please, any help would be appreciated. When viper does work, it's incredible!

Thanks.

afpfelipe84

Jul 29, 2013
Hi, first time poster here. I can usually find what I need, but I'm stumped here.

I've successfully installed viper4android, but it only works on and off, with Google Music.

I'm pretty sure the fix for this is to change the build.prop lines: Ipa.decode, tunnel.decode and Ipa.use-stagefright.

I've tried everything that I can think of, but I no matter how I make the changes, they will not save. I've tried mounting System R/W in Rom Toolbox, and booting into System R/W. I've made the changes with Rom Toolbox Pro and ES File Manager. Nothing works.

Can anybody tell me if I just can't make these changes to build.prop because of the build I'm running?

Thanks.

Hello,

I was trying to edit the build prop file using the ES Explorer, but the same happened to me, I could edit the file by downloading the "build prop editor" from play store.
Edit the file by pressing the button in shape of a pencil and later press the save button. If you only search for the line you want to edit in the main screen of the app you will be able to modify the line but the changes are not saved.

Thanks/rate

odinfire

Dec 6, 2011
Lexington

Thanks.

Never mind.

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
ES File doesn't always save, you'll just have to try a different app. Root explorer should work or fx file manager.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app