Stock unrooted and bricked? Help

6th January 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 54

212 posts
I may have taken something for granted. Did you unlock the bootloader?

fastboot oem unlock
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandae For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 11

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandae

I may have taken something for granted. Did you unlock the bootloader?

fastboot oem unlock

no and whats funny is I just got done trying that before i read your message. i restarted the device and my computer and just decided to see if it would dirty flash the flash-all.bat and it was actually going through not giving the write errors but did say bootloader is locked. so i typed fastboot oem unlock and the screen popped up on the device to say yes or no. i selected yes and it, again, got stuck for 10-15 minutes on erasing data...rebooted the device, unlock appears to have failed. argh
6th January 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #13  

212 posts
If you power down and reboot back into the bootloader, it still says unlocked? What if you try unlocking again?
6th January 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis

158 posts
More
Quote:

If you power down and reboot back into the bootloader, it still says unlocked? What if you try unlocking again?

it says the bootloader is locked. i am trying again right now. i get to the yes no screen, select yes and on the command prompt it is stuck on erasing userdata
6th January 2014, 06:07 AM   |  #15  

212 posts
I've never seen it take very long. Let it sit for a while, maybe plug it in and just wait?
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandae For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis

158 posts
More
Quote:

I've never seen it take very long. Let it sit for a while, maybe plug it in and just wait?

ill let it sit, but i think there is something wrong with the device. i had a similar prob with a gs2 and it wouldnt erase or write anything to partition. would usb debugging have to have already been enabled? i cant remember if that was checked or not. or does that matter?
6th January 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #17  

212 posts
USB debugging is necessary for connecting once the tablet has booted into Android, but it isn't needed for fastboot and the bootloader level. At this point I fear there's more corruption than can be fixed, but let's wait a little while and see.
6th January 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis

158 posts
More
Quote:

USB debugging is necessary for connecting once the tablet has booted into Android, but it isn't needed for fastboot and the bootloader level. At this point I fear there's more corruption than can be fixed, but let's wait a little while and see.

Just received an email from Google support. They are unwilling to help because I purchased the device from Best Buy rather than Google Play...WTH? Best Buy won't help either I won't even bother. At this point I'll have to hope Asus will take it in for repair. That kind of bummed me out about Google. Not sure if I want to buy another nexus device again now.
6th January 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #19  
Flag Cimahi
Thanks Meter: 9

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside84

no commands work. on erase recovery command it says failed command write failed invalid argument

edit: fastboot boot recovery fails also "command write failed unknown error"

edit: i get a lot of fastboot.exe has stopped working errors on windows. redownloaded platform tools and still happens. I'm at a loss I guess I have to get Google to replace it entirely

use usb jig and flash via odin nice work
6th January 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #20  

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside84

Just received an email from Google support. They are unwilling to help because I purchased the device from Best Buy rather than Google Play...WTH? Best Buy won't help either I won't even bother. At this point I'll have to hope Asus will take it in for repair. That kind of bummed me out about Google. Not sure if I want to buy another nexus device again now.

Is Google writing the book "How Not to Stand Behind Your Product"? Sheesh!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck and speedy repairs to you. I must admit that with the touchscreen problems, and that it took someone who isn't a Google employee to fix it for a lot of people, all while Google is still silent, I myself don't care to buy another product by Google and/or Asus.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerlyAnanda

use usb jig and flash via odin nice work

Odin is for Samsung devices, unless something's happened I didn't hear about.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread