Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,308 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How can I revert to v. 4.1.1 please?

Tip us?

Charlie8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How can I revert to v. 4.1.1 please?

Hello

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II phone running on the EE mobile network in the U.K. It came pre-loaded with 4.1.1 and upgraded to 4.1.2 over the air. My phone is not rooted and I do not want to go down that route. So far so good.

A few days ago, there was an over the air update to 4.3. It seems fine in all respects apart from one: flight mode cannot be automatically pre-set to turn on/off through apps such as Phone Weaver. I like to use Phone Weaver to automatically put my phone into/out of flight mode at pre-determined times and days. They told me that the problem relates to Google stopping this function in 4.3. I looked at similar profile switching apps and they all agree that flight mode cannot be enabled automatically in 4.3 unless the phone is rooted, which I do not want mine to be.

It seems the only options for me are to either 1.) buy a new Note II that comes with 4.1.1 pre-loaded and stop the automatic updates, or 2.) find a way to revert my current phone from 4.3 to 4.1.2 or 4.1.1 My guess is that a factory reset would leave it running on 4.3 and therefore would not work.

If the second option is possible, I would be grateful if someone could be patient enough to kindly let me know the exact steps involved. Please note that I am not too technically competent so the steps would have to be as precise and easy to understand as possible.

Any assistance and advice would be much appreciated!!

Regards
Charlie

E_Goldstein
Old
Thanks Meter 116
First of all you can't downgrade
Second 4.1.1 is dodgy and has security holes.
Thirdly can you not just use blocking mode? Or hold the power button to put it in airplane mode or use a toggle.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Galaxy Note 2 16gig
HTC Leo - 32gig micro sd
S/E X8i

Charlie8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for your response.

I am used to leaving the phone's functions to Phone Weaver to turn on/off automatically at pre-set times and days. Blocking mode, etc., do not achieve this as they can only be activated manually.

Looks like I will have to buy a new Note 2 as it comes with 4.1.1 pre-installed and make sure there are no automatic updates.