5,599,190 Members 35,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm starting to be alienated from Android

Tip us?

sweetnsour
Old
Thanks Meter 2491
I think it all depends on what you are comparing this phone to. My previous phone came out awhile ago, so of course the HTC One feels very smooth for me.

For me, the smoothest rom is vanilla Android, namely GPE. AOSP roms (like CM) seem to stutter when scrolling, such as in the Settings menu.

If you are comparing Android to iOS, however, there was a post a couple of years ago stating that it is because of how Android renders the interface that makes it laggier than iOS. This is not the post itself, but it breaks it down:
http://www.redmondpie.com/heres-why-...ndows-phone-7/

serzenus
Old
Thanks Meter 2
in my opinion,
Facebook or 3rd party integration is the problem; un-link facebook account or at least use your phone without internet connection (3G or wifi i mean) for testing.
i am a one user, with stock 4.3 and happy with it

Ghost
Old
(Last edited by Ghost; 6th January 2014 at 09:06 AM.)
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / Themer
Thanks Meter 3019
Thread closed,

As this is not directly related to the HTC One and has become a bit of a phone comparison thread, this is classed as an OT thread and has been clsoed. Please see the link in my signature for OT section in XDA. This would be a better place for threads of this type.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe