[Q] Hook up Multiple USB devices

Tip us?

kuwlij
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [Q] Hook up Multiple USB devices

Hi all,
I've just ordered this gorgeous phone and am waiting for it to be delivered. In the meantime I've been wondering given that it's capable of HDMI output and serve as USB host whether it is possible of it doing both at the same time, if say I hooked up the HDMI output along with other usb devices, like a USB drive and a keyboard via a usb HUB. I would be practically creating a bespoke docking station of sorts..

I know it's pushing the technology a little... and there are other alternatives to USB devices (NAS drives, wireless mouse/keyboards...), but my question is more about what the device is capable of.

Thanks.

kuwlij
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Update:

So far I've successfully managed to plug in an old USB hub via a cheap micro-usb to USB adapter bought off e-bay. From there I hooked up a USB keyboard, Mouse, pen drive and also USB speakers.

I'm amazed it actually managed to power all of these devices without any problems (imagine battery drain is massive given that the usb hub is unpowered).

I would like to know if anyone has tried hooking up HDMI output while the USB is hosting other devices. Has anyone tried this already? I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find a definitive answer to my question.

As a side note, does anyone know of a docking station for the G2, similar to what you get with laptops?
Tags
hdmi output, multiple devices, usb host, usb hub