Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,288 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Asus T100 Boot key combinations

Tip us?

sarman_1998
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Asus T100 Boot key combinations

I've been messing with the new ASUS T100 Transformer T100TA and found a few boot key combinations through trial and error. I hope someone else can make use of them.

Hold the listed key while powering on the tablet.

ESC: Boot device selection menu
DEL: Boot into BIOS Setup (same as F2)
F2: Boot into BIOS Setup
F9: Boot into windows recovery mode
F12: Not sure what this is, it briefly flashes "Launching FFU.efi" then print "Main Start" and sits there
Vol Down: Boot Device Selection Menu

I tried each button on the top row of the keyboard plus: tab, alt, ctrl,fn, windows. In case anyone want to try other stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarman_1998 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

terminal 7
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Default blank..

not sure why but im drawing a blank here.
I cant get any bios options regardless of holding escape or f2 or delete while powering up my t100

cant figure out why?

And a question - does the bios look like any other or is it just like the "additional options page" you get when booting into recovery options, kinda like a win8 boot screen with efi option or restore etc.

i assumed i would see a proper bios but i just cant seem to get any key to do a thing - it just boots normally, i do have the latest 220 bios.

Thanks.

sarman_1998
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal 7 View Post
not sure why but im drawing a blank here.
I cant get any bios options regardless of holding escape or f2 or delete while powering up my t100

cant figure out why?

And a question - does the bios look like any other or is it just like the "additional options page" you get when booting into recovery options, kinda like a win8 boot screen with efi option or restore etc.

i assumed i would see a proper bios but i just cant seem to get any key to do a thing - it just boots normally, i do have the latest 220 bios.

Thanks.
With F2 you should see a normal bios screen.
My guess is that you are doing a shutdown from in win 8, then turning on with the F2 key pressed.

Try doing a restart from in Win 8 and start holding F2 as soon as the screen goes blank.

By default win8 has "fast boot" enabled, which means it doesn't do a proper boot from bios when you turn of after a "shutdown" from in win8

Hope that helps.

ThorburnJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarman_1998 View Post
I've been messing with the new ASUS T100 Transformer T100TA and found a few boot key combinations through trial and error. I hope someone else can make use of them.

Hold the listed key while powering on the tablet.

ESC: Boot device selection menu
DEL: Boot into BIOS Setup (same as F2)
F2: Boot into BIOS Setup
F9: Boot into windows recovery mode
F12: Not sure what this is, it briefly flashes "Launching FFU.efi" then print "Main Start" and sits there
Vol Down: Boot Device Selection Menu

I tried each button on the top row of the keyboard plus: tab, alt, ctrl,fn, windows. In case anyone want to try other stuff.
Very useful. Thanks for those.

Holding Vol Up with power can help when it doesn't want to boot too IIRC.