Cant Delete Files - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ortind200

Oct 19, 2013
i cant delete files from my external sd card.. i dont understand cuz before i was able to but now i'm not.. i'm going crazy! on root explorer, when i try to delete a file i get a warning saying that my device isn't rooted.. its true that i'm not rootet but i was able to delete files anyway. please someone help!

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
i cant delete files from my external sd card.. i dont understand cuz before i was able to but now i'm not.. i'm going crazy! on root explorer, when i try to delete a file i get a warning saying that my device isn't rooted.. its true that i'm not rootet but i was able to delete files anyway. please someone help!

Firstly, why are u using root explorer when you're not rooted? It may not work.

Smack that thanks button if I helped!
Note 2 LTE powered by Illusion ROM and Plasma Kernel.
Sent from dat small country called Singapore.

parthv21

Dec 1, 2013
I think u r trying to delete a file that requires root access to be deleted... Eg some system file... So that's why u can't delete it...
Hit like if I helped... ;)

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ortind200

Oct 19, 2013
Firstly, why are u using root explorer when you're not rooted? It may not work.

did u read my entire post? i'll say it again.. i was able to delete files in root explorer even though i'm not rooted. i wonder how u possibly missed that part.. its very strange. btw, i still cant delete files in any file management app .. let me kno if u need me to further break down wat i said so u can understand my issue.

I think u r trying to delete a file that requires root access to be deleted... Eg some system file... So that's why u can't delete it...

ok, seems theres a big communication problem here.. i'll restate wat i said but in all caps.. i think that will help some ppl here..

I'M UNABLE TO DELETE FILES IN ROOT EXPLORER OR ANY OTHER FILE MANAGEMENT APP EVEN THOUGH I WAS ABLE TO BEFORE BEING UNROOTED.

if u need me to explain myself again, dont hesitate to ask.

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
did u read my entire post? i'll say it again.. i was able to delete files in root explorer even though i'm not rooted. i wonder how u possibly missed that part.. its very strange. btw, i still cant delete files in any file management app .. let me kno if u need me to further break down wat i said so u can understand my issue.

ok, seems theres a big communication problem here.. i'll restate wat i said but in all caps.. i think that will help some ppl here..

I'M UNABLE TO DELETE FILES IN ROOT EXPLORER OR ANY OTHER FILE MANAGEMENT APP EVEN THOUGH I WAS ABLE TO BEFORE BEING UNROOTED.

if u need me to explain myself again, dont hesitate to ask.

Learn a lesson here. Don't use apps that require root when u don't have root. May possibly mess your phone up. Possibly Root Browser messed your phone up.

Woah dude, No need for caps, we're just extremely surprised as to why the @#%& do u use root browser when u don't @#%&ing have root?

fresti

Jan 2, 2014
so i must say "WWOOOOOWW"
You able to delete file use root explorer cause your file in r/w directory but if you delete file in r/o directory impossible you can do it without su permission...

R/w directory is /system
R/o directory like: data, mnt, sdcard and more....

Any people in here try to help you so dont angry if we dont understand what you mind... :D

Sorry my english so bad

Sent from my PICOpadGCE

Last edited:

ortind200

Oct 19, 2013
Don't use apps that require root when u don't have root. May possibly mess your phone up. Possibly Root Browser messed your phone up.

Woah dude, No need for caps, we're just extremely surprised as to why the @#%& do u use root browser when u don't @#%&ing have root?

i see that apparently u have an impossible time understanding my original and 2nd posts. at this point i suspect u got a language barrier, esp that i see ur from singapore from ur signature.

its best that u cease from commenting on my thread any further and focus on wat matters most, which is ur english. i do appreciate that u tried to help. but its best that u leave this up to those who can understand wat i'm saying. thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Fantassy123

Sep 28, 2013
i see that apparently u have an impossible time understanding my original and 2nd posts. at this point i suspect u got a language barrier, esp that i see ur from singapore from ur signature.

its best that u cease from commenting on my thread any further and focus on wat matters most, which is ur english. i do appreciate that u tried to help. but its best that u leave this up to those who can understand wat i'm saying. thanks anyway.

We all know what you mean. We are all telling you to root your phone when using Rooted stuff, Even the experts would give the same advice, we could not just saying Hocus Pocus Let him phone work, No that doesn't exist.

We all don't know, how this is possible, No one has Used Root browser before without Rooted phone.

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*
Check permisions in root explorer..change permisions from root explorer then delete what u want from sd card..
Press thanks if i helped u.. sorry for my english :D

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

ortind200

Oct 19, 2013
We all know what you mean. We are all telling you to root your phone when using Rooted stuff, Even the experts would give the same advice, we could not just saying Hocus Pocus Let him phone work, No that doesn't exist.

We all don't know, how this is possible, No one has Used Root browser before without Rooted phone.

ok theres no doubt in my mind that ur a foreigner. i'll repeat myself again so u can understand. but this time i'll substitute 'root explorer' with 'file manager'...

MY FILE MANAGER DOES NOT LET ME DELETE FILES. WAT DO U SUGGEST I DO.

i cant use sign language next time to communicate with u if u dont understand. lets hope u get it this time.

Check permisions in root explorer..change permisions from root explorer then delete what u want from sd card..
Press thanks if i helped u.. sorry for my english :D

i wish u would take the time in reading my posts. i'll substitute 'root explorer' with 'file manager'... pretend very very hard that i never mentioned root explorer.. pretend it doesnt exist. now read the following..

hopefully u can understand this.

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
ok theres no doubt in my mind that ur a foreigner. i'll repeat myself again so u can understand. but this time i'll substitute 'root explorer' with 'file manager'...

i cant use sign language next time to communicate with u if u dont understand. lets hope u get it this time.

i wish u would take the time in reading my posts. i'll substitute 'root explorer' with 'file manager'... pretend very very hard that i never mentioned root explorer.. pretend it doesnt exist. now read the following..

hopefully u can understand this.

Let me repeat myself. Your root browser might have messed your phone up TRYING to obtain root. I have No doubt u are a foreigner. (I passed my English exams in Singapore, thanks for your concern)

So, try factory resetting your phone and use a file browser that doesn't have the ability to view system files, with or without root.

lanzero

Dec 6, 2013
Have you tried using another file app? Why does it have to be root explorer? Look in the play store for alternatives like es explorer, astro or file manager. Maybe that will help.

parthv21

Dec 1, 2013
Ok... This is going out of hand... Original poster try deleting files using X-plore...might just work....

Sent from my Xperia ion running kitkat ??

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Where's your stock browser when u need it...

ortind200

Oct 19, 2013
Where's your stock browser when u need it...

duhhhh.. thats what i mentioned before.. learn to read.

Can't you delete files or format sdcard with a pc?

tried with the pc but it didnt work. but i solved the issue using a suggestion by someone here named lanzero.

Have you tried using another file app? Why does it have to be root explorer? Look in the play store for alternatives like es explorer, astro or file manager. Maybe that will help.

hey!!! thank u!!! i used ur suggestion of using astro file manager. i'm able to delete files on it.. and guess wat! because of astro, i'm able to delete files from root explorer again! thanks again man!

hey fantassy, u still think u need to be rooted to delete files in root explorer? think again idiot! u shouldnt be on xda at all.

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
I've seen enough, thread cleaned and closed. Staying respectful is mandatory and expected from all of you, regardless of "language barriers" - especially when someone is trying to help you in good faith.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.