Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 53,968 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Huge overnight battery drain in CyanogenMod Roms - baseband_xmm_power

Tip us?
 
daniel.mota
Old
(Last edited by daniel.mota; 5th January 2014 at 12:11 PM.)
#1  
daniel.mota's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 564
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Porto
Plug [Q] Huge overnight battery drain in CyanogenMod Roms - baseband_xmm_power

Guys, I'm using CM roms for about a month now.

Started with stable 10.1.3 and stuck with it for a couple of weeks.

But huge battery drain over (every) night led me to try nightly 10.2, and yesterday I flashed nightly CM11.

I really like these roms, but I get 30 to 60% of my battery consumed over one night.

I used Better Battery Stats (BBS), and the baseband_xmm_power wakelock keeps my phone awake for about 90% of the time (I get only about 30 minutes of deep sleep during 8 hours).

The phone is laying still in a table, with only 2G network enabled. Wi-fi, mobile data, synchronization and 3G are off during all the night.

I'm using CM's default kernel for now, but I used iodak's v8 with 10.1.3 and 10.2, and the problem was the same.

Strangely, during the day, when using the phone and having other wakelocks, I barely notice baseband_xmm_power is BBS logs...

Is there any solution to this problem?
_____________________________
Cumprimentos
 
gerciolisz
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 527
Join Date: Feb 2013
damn maaan... where you came from?? there are hundred of threads about it.... this is a known problem.. seems even cm11 official nightly has this pain.. !!BUT!! unofficial cm11 and omni kitkat seems dont have that problem but they are still WIP and only camera not working...

next time please search first
The Following User Says Thank You to gerciolisz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
brunek
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 433
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.mota View Post
Guys, I'm using CM roms for about a month now.

Started with stable 10.1.3 and stuck with it for a couple of weeks.

But huge battery drain over (every) night led me to try nightly 10.2, and yesterday I flashed nightly CM11.

I really like these roms, but I get 30 to 60% of my battery consumed over one night.

I used Better Battery Stats (BBS), and the baseband_xmm_power wakelock keeps my phone awake for about 90% of the time (I get only about 30 minutes of deep sleep during 8 hours).

The phone is laying still in a table, with only 2G network enabled. Wi-fi, mobile data, synchronization and 3G are off during all the night.

I'm using CM's default kernel for now, but I used iodak's v8 with 10.1.3 and 10.2, and the problem was the same.

Strangely, during the day, when using the phone and having other wakelocks, I barely notice baseband_xmm_power is BBS logs...

Is there any solution to this problem?
Earth calling! Is anybody there??
The Following User Says Thank You to brunek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
daniel.mota
Old
#4  
daniel.mota's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 564
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Porto
I'd like a little respect, alright guys?

I bought this phone last summer, and only in december I started using CM roms.

I've searched and read a lot of posts of users with this same problem, but havenīt really found a SOLUTION.

Also, I find it strange that not all users have this problem, even with the same config and in the same country, like this one.

So, instead of treating me bad for asking, could you point me to a solution that doesn't imply changing rom?

Thank you very much.
_____________________________
Cumprimentos
 
brunek
Old
(Last edited by brunek; 5th January 2014 at 04:11 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 433
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.mota View Post
I'd like a little respect, alright guys?

I bought this phone last summer, and only in december I started using CM roms.

I've searched and read a lot of posts of users with this same problem, but havenīt really found a SOLUTION.

Also, I find it strange that not all users have this problem, even with the same config and in the same country, like this one.

So, instead of treating me bad for asking, could you point me to a solution that doesn't imply changing rom?

Thank you very much.
You obviously did not read enough.. Baseband wakelock is the single biggest problem on this phone and devs are trying to get rid of it since the phone was released! They say that in KK the wakelock is gone.. So try and see! They say that iodak9 resolved it.. Try and see! If you dont want to change ROM`s try different kernels and see which is the best for you. Not every ROM/kernel works good for everybody so you just have to try them out.
P.S. Nobody disrespected you or treated you bad, it just funny to me that people still ask about this problem after millions of threads and answers about it..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brunek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
gerciolisz
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 183
Posts: 527
Join Date: Feb 2013
there is simply no simple fix for baseband wakelock which is a very random wakelock for all users.. i confirm up^
The Following User Says Thank You to gerciolisz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SimonTS
Old
#7  
SimonTS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,553
Posts: 3,999
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bristol
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.mota View Post
I'd like a little respect, alright guys?
You had respect, but you are the 849th person to open a thread asking EXACTLY the same question, so what the hell do you really expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.mota View Post
I bought this phone last summer, and only in december I started using CM roms.

I've searched and read a lot of posts of users with this same problem, but havenīt really found a SOLUTION.
That's because there is NO real solution. If you have read as much as you claim to have done then you will already know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.mota View Post
Also, I find it strange that not all users have this problem, even with the same config and in the same country, like this one.

So, instead of treating me bad for asking, could you point me to a solution that doesn't imply changing rom?
As above, there is NO solution other than changing to a ROM that doesn't have the problem. If there are variances then it may be caused by the service provider, the network polling, the wireless type, the baseband, many things that randomly affect different people different ways.


Sent from the darkest corners of my mind
The Following User Says Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
daniel.mota
Old
#8  
daniel.mota's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 166
Posts: 564
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Porto
Alright, thank you all for your answers.

I'm using CM11 rom (KK 4.4.2) and the problem is still here.

I've flashed latest iodak kernel (v9), and will see tonight what happens.

I apologize for opening this thread, but all the posts about this problem that I read were already old, so maybe some newer solution could exist.

_____________________________
Cumprimentos
 
bilbo75
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 134
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Prato
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.mota View Post
Alright, thank you all for your answers.

I'm using CM11 rom (KK 4.4.2) and the problem is still here.

I've flashed latest iodak kernel (v9), and will see tonight what happens.

I apologize for opening this thread, but all the posts about this problem that I read were already old, so maybe some newer solution could exist.

Just to add my experience.... I'm using Miuiandroid and Optimus prime kernel 2.7 from anykernel thread since several weeks , no XMM_BASEBAND drain It just lags a bit
Phone: LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom : CyanogenMod 11 Official
Kernel : Stock CM 11
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 flo
Rom : CyanogenMod 11

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes