XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] right app icon from app drawer missing after restart

Tip us?

parapaul
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearophobia View Post
Stock launcher. Ie the launcher that came when i installed omnirom. I didnt install any other launcher, but now i am considering to switch to other launcher. I have tried many free launchers before but didnt like most of them. Care to suggest a simple launcher without any annoyances(like ads and pay to unlock certain feature)??
Nova. It's brilliant. There are some features which are only available in the paid version but nothing that affects the use of the launcher.

Oh, and the disappearing icon is not an Omni problem - its a problem with the GEL itself.

Nexus 5 - Paranoid Android 4 Beta
Sony Xperia Tablet Z [SGP312] - OmniROM

Brought into the light by my old HTC Desire S with Flinny's CM10
The Following User Says Thank You to parapaul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lynnux
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearophobia View Post
Care to suggest a simple launcher without any annoyances(like ads and pay to unlock certain feature)??
+1 on Nova. I had a low-spec device a couple years ago and tried all the popular launchers at the time. Nova seemed fastest, easiest to use, and has useful features. As far as I know the free version doesn't have ads and has plenty of good features. Nova Prime has some additional gestures that can be set to open favorite apps, which I love, because I like a clean home screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to lynnux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fearophobia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default nova launcher is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnux View Post
+1 on Nova. I had a low-spec device a couple years ago and tried all the popular launchers at the time. Nova seemed fastest, easiest to use, and has useful features. As far as I know the free version doesn't have ads and has plenty of good features. Nova Prime has some additional gestures that can be set to open favorite apps, which I love, because I like a clean home screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
Nova. It's brilliant. There are some features which are only available in the paid version but nothing that affects the use of the launcher.

Oh, and the disappearing icon is not an Omni problem - its a problem with the GEL itself.
Thanks. Im using nova launcher right now without any problems. Backups and restore is an important feature which I liked very much. What the hell is wrong with google, not fixing this bug till now