5,603,646 Members 37,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Thought I loved CyangonMod & hated TouchWizz...Neither are perfect,want stock bak

Tip us?

JustRootDontCustomRomIt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign [Q] Thought I loved CyangonMod & hated TouchWizz...Neither are perfect,want stock bak

Hi. Lately, I've been at crossroads with Android. I've first rooted when the orginal Evo 4G first came out. Ever since, I've done the same to every phone i got but it wasn't always a perfect experience. (battery problems, wifi, signal, bluetooth, etc..) You know the drill. Being rooted is the bomb, but i don't like custom roms anymore. It's all about having orginal stock firmware even though TouchWizz and SenseUI are total bloats.

Right now I have the Sprint S4 with Cyanogenmod 10.2. I used the Cyanogen Installer.

Here's what I want... I want my Galaxy S4 to have root, and the stock android 4.3 from Samsung without the KNOX?. OR EVEN BETTER, Is there such a thing as a stock Samsung 4.3 ROM that has blue accents instead of the green? In other words, it looks like stock 4.3(blue, instead of TouchWiz ui) and still has all the Touchwizz tricks?. This would be great but if not, I can deal with the uglliness that is TouchWiz.

Guys, thanks for reading and any help I get.

smep
Old
Thanks Meter 36
You no make sense

Sent from dish washer

XxLordxX
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 866

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

You might want to check for TW custom ROMs, I know you mentioned you are not a fan of it anymore, but if you want root, without the KNOX and change the icons then you should check for something like FoxHound or Echoe. They are very customizable and the tricks are there too.

If you really want stock, then you will have to check for the Themes subforum to find such a theme, if I'm not wrong there's one that is like this, just don't remember the name.

And to flash the stock firmware there are plenty guides out there, you may find one for you . Just make sure you download one that is suitable for your device, preferable if it's the one you were using before installing CM.

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10