5,603,646 Members 36,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problems with Stock ROM, and recommendations for a non-android User.

Tip us?

chouonrow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problems with Stock ROM, and recommendations for a non-android User.

Hello Everyone!
First of all I want to say that this is not directly help for me, but for my girlfriend. I dont know you guys, but she is tired of her stock ROM since it freezes a lot of times, and yes, I have checked it, I tried updating, hardreset...etc and after a week the phone gets a lot of performance issues.

So my question is, I would like a modified ROM from the official last update if it exist, I mean that everything is working on the phone and it is of course faster than stock phone. This is not a questions "which is the best" nope, I just want to hear your reccommendations because I am not a user of this phone and I dont know very well all different versions etc. Furthermore I have read a lot on the forums, and i have a small idea what could work for this case.

for example:

Since this is a mod from a Stock ROm, It shoudnt has any problem, Isnt it?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2400633

My big concern is that Im not the user of the phone, and you now what happens with "users" if something is not working...

Happy new Year!

rohail009
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by chouonrow View Post
Hello Everyone!
First of all I want to say that this is not directly help for me, but for my girlfriend. I dont know you guys, but she is tired of her stock ROM since it freezes a lot of times, and yes, I have checked it, I tried updating, hardreset...etc and after a week the phone gets a lot of performance issues.

So my question is, I would like a modified ROM from the official last update if it exist, I mean that everything is working on the phone and it is of course faster than stock phone. This is not a questions "which is the best" nope, I just want to hear your reccommendations because I am not a user of this phone and I dont know very well all different versions etc. Furthermore I have read a lot on the forums, and i have a small idea what could work for this case.

for example:

Since this is a mod from a Stock ROm, It shoudnt has any problem, Isnt it?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2400633

My big concern is that Im not the user of the phone, and you now what happens with "users" if something is not working...

Happy new Year!

Root the phone properly , download hasson2000's all in one toolkit , makes it easier to flash kernels .... it will help u with bootloader unlocking too ..... And any rom over here is better than stock rom
The Following User Says Thank You to rohail009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chouonrow
Old
(Last edited by chouonrow; 27th December 2013 at 08:00 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default thankss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohail009 View Post
Root the phone properly , download hasson2000's all in one toolkit , makes it easier to flash kernels .... it will help u with bootloader unlocking too ..... And any rom over here is better than stock rom
hehe is the reply I wanted to hear! I think I will try this. just a question, a ROM that is made from a Stock ROM is without bugs ?

Thanks!

rohail009
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default rom from stock rom

No , but generally close to it , i use ignorance rom by tonyskyfall ... nice and smooth

chouonrow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hey IM gonna use this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1996665

because hasson2000's is not available anymore. I think is quite well guide, what do you think??

Minto107
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouonrow View Post
hey IM gonna use this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1996665

because hasson2000's is not available anymore. I think is quite well guide, what do you think??
You can use WinDroid 2.0 toolkit. If u want good ROM... Ignorance is really good but try something from higher shelf HTCdroid. It's the best ROM for HTC One V! The smoothest and the fastest. But a lot of ROMs has one issue. Data usage doesn't work... Why? I don't know I'm working on it but here is one ROM what haven't got it it's MoDaCo.one Ir2 here it works. But it's outdated so use newer ROM like Ignorance!

Cheers and good experiences with unlocked HOV

My Projects:
  1. XperiaOne BETA for HTC One V
  2. PrimouOmega Reborn Project for HTC One V

chouonrow
Old
(Last edited by chouonrow; 4th January 2014 at 11:43 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minto107 View Post
You can use WinDroid 2.0 toolkit. If u want good ROM... Ignorance is really good but try something from higher shelf HTCdroid. It's the best ROM for HTC One V! The smoothest and the fastest. But a lot of ROMs has one issue. Data usage doesn't work... Why? I don't know I'm working on it but here is one ROM what haven't got it it's MoDaCo.one Ir2 here it works. But it's outdated so use newer ROM like Ignorance!

Cheers and good experiences with unlocked HOV
thanks but, the main ones have good 3G connection right?? I mean ignorance and HTCDroid right??

Im starting the process, man this stock ROM gives problems even while sync contacts

kwitu
Old
Thanks Meter 14
If you are tired of sense shpongle is the way to go. If you are okay with it, pick htcdroid. Both best in its classes. Htcdroid seems bugless or only minor bugs visible while shpongle got camera dead - you need 3rd party apk.

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Dont know how to edit in this app so double post. Yes both got good 3g support

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app
HTC ONE V GSM:
ROM:
XperiaOne | BETA1.6.1
Kernel: boot-HELLBOY-CM10
Recovery: CWM Recovery Touch 5.8.3.1

HTC Desire X:
All stocked

SE xperia X10 mini PRO: Retired || Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100: Dead
The Following User Says Thank You to kwitu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chouonrow
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 5219 455966422

Thank you very much!