Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there any P3110 stock ROM that's not 900MB? Or any stock-based ROM below 300MB?

Tip us?

blagginspaziyonokip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default Is there any P3110 stock ROM that's not 900MB? Or any stock-based ROM below 300MB?

I can't find a stock ROM that's not one gajillion bytes. I'm selling my P3110 to buy a Moto G and it's on an unstable build of CM11. That's not gonna help me when I sell it, the buyer might think it's a fake device if they don't know about custom ROMs. Even if it's a custom ROM, as long as it's stock a based and not customized and it looks like the original ROM, please recommend it!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

kt-Froggy
Old
(Last edited by kt-Froggy; 6th January 2014 at 10:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 588
If you are looking for stock-based ROMs, it will be one of these:

MicroDelta
NEXT
Liquid Smooth
Sungsonic
PureStock

Both MicroDelta and NEXT are very good ROMs. MicroDelta is based on the latest 4.2.2, while NEXT is 4.1.2 -- not sure if that matters to you. NEXT is smaller in size, just under 550MB. I haven't tried the other ROMs, so can't say anything about them... Liquid Smooth is the smallest at 365MB.

For selling a device, I would suggest setting it up with a full original stock, though -- just makes it easier. That's what I am doing, anyway, but it's up to you, of course...
Optimus G F180S, Sling v2.2.2 (KK 4.4.2)
Xperia X10 Mini, rooted stock 2.1
MeMO Pad HD 7 ME173X, rooted US stock 4.2.2

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blagginspaziyonokip
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
If you are looking for stock-based ROMs, it will be one of these:

MicroDelta
NEXT
Liquid Smooth
Sungsonic
PureStock

Both MicroDelta and NEXT are very good ROMs. MicroDelta is based on the latest 4.2.2, while NEXT is 4.1.2 -- not sure if that matters to you. NEXT is smaller in size, just under 550MB. I haven't tried the other ROMs, so can't say anything about them... Liquid Smooth is the smallest at 365MB.

For selling a device, I would suggest setting it up with a full original stock, though -- just makes it easier. That's what I am doing, anyway, but it's up to you, of course...
Well how would I go about restoring the original ROM?

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagginspaziyonokip View Post
Well how would I go about restoring the original ROM?
Flash the original ROM using Odin. You can look up whichever version you want on sammobile or samsung-updates. For example, this one is the latest official 4.2.2 in the US. That's what I put on my tab that I am selling.

To whom it may concern: STOP nagging about pressing the freakin' Thanks button!!! It is rude, stupid, and annoying as hell. I am not an idiot who needs a huge in-my-face reminder to press it, and I will press it when I feel thankful, not because you asked for it!

blagginspaziyonokip
Old
(Last edited by blagginspaziyonokip; 6th January 2014 at 12:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-Froggy View Post
Flash the original ROM using Odin. You can look up whichever version you want on sammobile or samsung-updates. For example, this one is the latest official 4.2.2 in the US. That's what I put on my tab that I am selling.
That's for the P3113... Could you link me the Samsung ROMs? I saw a site but I needed to be a member to download anything.
I regret even rooting this thing now... Maybe the buyer will settle for CM10.x? Hopefully so, don't want them thinking just because it's a custom ROM the device is fake.

kt-Froggy
Old
Thanks Meter 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagginspaziyonokip View Post
That's for the P3113... Could you link me the Samsung ROMs? I saw a site but I needed to be a member to download anything.
I regret even rooting this thing now... Maybe the buyer will settle for CM10.x? Hopefully so, don't want them thinking just because it's a custom ROM the device is fake.
Sammobile requires registration, but samsung-updates does not. Take a look here.

It all depends on who your buyer is, and how you explain it... I sold a couple of rooted phones with modded ROMs in the past, and people were quite happy with that (I told them the phones were rooted, etc.). Maybe, I just got lucky with the buyers, I dunno... This time I flashed stock, just to keep it simple.