Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

A wee bit a help, puh puh please...

OP ]>oPeR83

6th January 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Ok, so I'm under the impression that there is no possible way at all to get on a custom ROM with mj7 rooted with vroot crap trap as there is no way to flash a custom recovery... And there osnt anyway to go backwards with the firmware.(bologna).. Odins out with fladhing new kernel? or odin repart-wipe flash a complete rooted W/ CWM with stock mj7 firmware? I'm new to the S4 but had the great grand daddy the original galaxy S for years and mastered that.. I just need a lil clarification with this Safe Strap (if that is indeed a possibility). Also I definitely want to gey this vroot off my phone and use the saferoot™ way.... Any help, or maybe a point in the right direction would be awesome... this is depressing that my s1 was cooler than my s4... Hey Samsung can I atleast get a reach around.... jajaha Thanks in advance to any and all that can help a NooB out...
6th January 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 833

2,448 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ]>oPeR83

Ok, so I'm under the impression that there is no possible way at all to get on a custom ROM with mj7 rooted with vroot crap trap as there is no way to flash a custom recovery... And there osnt anyway to go backwards with the firmware.(bologna).. Odins out with fladhing new kernel? or odin repart-wipe flash a complete rooted W/ CWM with stock mj7 firmware? I'm new to the S4 but had the great grand daddy the original galaxy S for years and mastered that.. I just need a lil clarification with this Safe Strap (if that is indeed a possibility). Also I definitely want to gey this vroot off my phone and use the saferoot™ way.... Any help, or maybe a point in the right direction would be awesome... this is depressing that my s1 was cooler than my s4... Hey Samsung can I atleast get a reach around.... jajaha Thanks in advance to any and all that can help a NooB out...

plenty of info at your disposal. As I have said many times before, read, read and read more. I believe there are instructions on everything you want to do, but you need to have a real good understand beforehand
6th January 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

plenty of info at your disposal. As I have said many times before, read, read and read more. I believe there are instructions on everything you want to do, but you need to have a real good understand beforehand

I indeed do, links to files, would be awesome.. I've rooted flashed and tweaked many a phone.. this one here has been a pain right in the arse. I'm very capable, I debloated and de-odexed this phone but didn't trip the knox counter, it the route to the files, and the tutorials.. believe me I've spent two days reading the dev section and all ive seen is the bootlader is locked so to push custom recovery via odin wont twerk.... I used to brick my S1 for fun and recover it.. couldn't kill the thing.. my understanding is sufficient... any thread you could point me to or link me up, and I'm set.... Need a Galaxy Rescue Squad..... Thanks again for your help man
6th January 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #4  
Flag Decatur

2,448 posts
Quote:

I indeed do, links to files, would be awesome.. I've rooted flashed and tweaked many a phone.. this one here has been a pain right in the arse. I'm very capable, I debloated and de-odexed this phone but didn't trip the knox counter, it the route to the files, and the tutorials.. believe me I've spent two days reading the dev section and all ive seen is the bootlader is locked so to push custom recovery via odin wont twerk.... I used to brick my S1 for fun and recover it.. couldn't kill the thing.. my understanding is sufficient... any thread you could point me to or link me up, and I'm set.... Need a Galaxy Rescue Squad..... Thanks again for your help man

the easiest thing to do is probably do a full wipe Odin process so you can start over.

I made a guide to take phone from ME7 to MJ7....saferoot, safestrap and hyperdrive intall. Some adjustments to guide would have to be made as now SS3.71 is out and HD12 is out but the process is the same. Links are there or easily found.

as always, not for the faint of heart.. I suggest downloading all files to PC and verifying the MD5 checksum. So many people try to direct download to phone which is problematic in itself and many don't check the MD5. I have never had issues because of bad files or downloads because I'll take the time to download to PC and check it before copying over to phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2579278

couple things, don't try to restore apps thru Tibu...clean install from playstore. I have had limited success with restoring "data only" from Tibu...Also have an extsd card, this is a must as you really need to keep data located on that and redirect data to it....like pics, movies, photos and that is where you would keep your flash files for the HD12 ROM, kernel modules and where Safestrap would place the backup as well as directing Titanium Backup to keep its back up files there too.

good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
what if I'm already mj7?
6th January 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #6  
Flag Decatur

2,448 posts
Quote:

what if I'm already mj7?

doesn't matter, MJ7 tar is a clean wipe I believe..should give you a fresh base with vroot gone. If you have safestrap, follow the manual uninstall instructions
6th January 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

doesn't matter, MJ7 tar is a clean wipe I believe..should give you a fresh base with vroot gone. If you have safestrap, follow the manual uninstall instructions

Awesome.... bout to giver a rip.. surely things will go smoothly... Thank you again.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread