Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unbranded rru

Tip us?

nbbcj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unbranded rru

Hay all ,

Is there a unbranded or three (network) branded rru with android 4.2 out there for the one mini I'm from the UK,

Phone is android 4.3 after the ota update (not to happy with the bat life after the update gone from 8to 9h life to round 4 to 5h with doing the same stuff but I'll save that gripe for an other post lol )

I'm looking for a way to get the phone back to how it was when I got it, then do a nandorid so iv got a good base to fall back to if needed.

Thanks for any help or advice

Nbbcj

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

RuffBuster
Old
(Last edited by RuffBuster; 4th January 2014 at 09:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 111
There are no specific U.K based RUU. And most likely never will be. Maybe someone here has a nandroid from the same network, maybe not. Your best bet is to use one of the stock roms on here and there is a ZIP package bouncing around with the missing htc apps.

As for 4.3 I wouldn't touch it with a stick with poo on the end after reading reports around here. It's great we get the update, but it's even better if it wasn't crap.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

nbbcj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wish I didn't do the ota update now so many problems, I have limited experience with android, I did root my old gal s2 and use a root uninstaller to get rid of the unwanted system apps and blot ware think I'll go that way for now can u recommend a good how to , to root my HTC one mini please thanks

RuffBuster
Old
(Last edited by RuffBuster; 5th January 2014 at 12:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 111
Default Re: Unbranded rru

I used this method with Magio R3 4.2.2 and JMZ kernel not the one included with rom. Works very well for me. If the included supersu doesn't work quite right after a couple of boots try flashing https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6d1r39gi8...erSU-v1.51.zip . I'm also using S-OFF which would allow you to use bloatware removers from the OS. But coming from the 4.3 update I don't know if your going to have problems, don't know if other things get updated like hboot? But it's worth a try:

Quote:
1. Unlock your bootloader here. Select "All Other Supported Models" and follow the instructions.
2. Download the Rom, Kernel, and a recovery, verify the MD5 checksums, and then copy the rom and kernel zips to your internal SD card. I'd recommend one of the WWE versions as they don't have a lot of the AT&T bloat.
3. Boot into the bootloader (it says how in the guide showing you how to unlock your bootloader)
4. Select fastboot, plug your phone into your computer.
5. Type "fastboot devices" to make sure it's connected, then type "fastboot flash recovery whateverrecoveryyouused.img".
6. Boot into recovery. Make a backup. Then wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik cache.
7. Reboot into fastboot, then type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" using the boot.img from the Rom you downloaded.
8. Reboot into recovery and install the rom zip using TWRP/ClockworkMod.
9. Reboot into fastboot and type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" using the boot.img from the kernel.
10. Reboot into recovery and flash the kernal zip.
11. Start up your phone, if you flashed a DeOdexed Rom it'll take a little while to boot up.

I'm not sure if you have to flash the boot.img from the rom, then flash it, then flash the boot.img from the kernel and then flash it, but it's best to follow the directions and avoid potentially causing problems.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

nbbcj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool thx ruffbuster I'll give it a go and report back

nbbcj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Im going to hold off on the ROM flashing at this time, been reading bout boot-loops ect...
and my net at home is playing up don't want to be stuck with a bootleg and no way to get help.

But thank you for your help so far..

so was thinking i just want to remove unwanted blote and sys apps, i am rooted and unlocked boot-loader, stock ROM
i use a root uninstaller but after a reboot the apps are back do i need to be S-off to remove the apps permanently ???

if so how can i do this, i cant find a how to that works with my setup here is my system info

android version 4.3
htc sense version 5.5
software number 2.12.61.3
sdk api level 5.65

kernel
3.4.10-g4efc4c5
root@abm026 #1
smp preempt

baseband :1.23.40e.00.26_10.x13.40.1303L

build number :2.12.61.3 cl285597 release-keys

M4_ul pvt ship s-on rl
HBOOT-2.21.000
RADIO-1.23.40E.00.26
OS-2.12.61.3

I am thinking it to do with the stock rom so have been looking at this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575766

how can i flash this rom if it will sort out my problems.

again thank you for your time and any help.

nbbcj

nbbcj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbbcj View Post
Im going to hold off on the ROM flashing at this time, been reading bout boot-loops ect...
and my net at home is playing up don't want to be stuck with a bootleg and no way to get help.

But thank you for your help so far..

so was thinking i just want to remove unwanted blote and sys apps, i am rooted and unlocked boot-loader, stock ROM
i use a root uninstaller but after a reboot the apps are back do i need to be S-off to remove the apps permanently ???

if so how can i do this, i cant find a how to that works with my setup here is my system info

android version 4.3
htc sense version 5.5
software number 2.12.61.3
sdk api level 5.65

kernel
3.4.10-g4efc4c5
root@abm026 #1
smp preempt

baseband :1.23.40e.00.26_10.x13.40.1303L

build number :2.12.61.3 cl285597 release-keys

M4_ul pvt ship s-on rl
HBOOT-2.21.000
RADIO-1.23.40E.00.26
OS-2.12.61.3

I am thinking it to do with the stock rom so have been looking at this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575766

how can i flash this rom if it will sort out my problems.

again thank you for your time and any help.

nbbcj
Right alll fixed and working i did need to S-off so the uninstalled apps wouldn't return after reboot
i used this tutorial http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-tutori...ff-on-htc-one/ and it worked 1st time now i have removed all the apps i didnt want (Amazon ect.... )

now for a another backup and some more playing i want to get the rom as small as poss so thinking of removing all the language packs i dont need and some other bits

thank you for your help again mate and i will try your guide one day just to see how it goes

nbbcj

PS not sure how to mark post as closed but it can be now