Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 39,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trading the Note 3?

Tip us?

Skizzy034
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 906
Default Trading the Note 3?

Someone offered to trade me his LG G2 + $100 for my Note 3. Would any of you consider doing that? I can't decide. The only thing holding me back is the resale value of the Note 3.

Skizzy034 (formerly SkizzMcNizz)
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

XiphoneUzer
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034 View Post
Someone offered to trade me his LG G2 + $100 for my Note 3. Would any of you consider doing that? I can't decide. The only thing holding me back is the resale value of the Note 3.

Skizzy034 (formerly SkizzMcNizz)

Why would you wanna trade it?

what is the resale value of LG G2?

what is the resale value of your N3?

tyshemi
Old
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
I did it recently and I'm back on note 3 . Don't do it imo the LG g2 lags and stutters it's only o 4.2.2 and it needs work. The note 3 is where it's at and plus CES is going on there will be new stuff on the way the note is worth more anyhow around 550 resale still. In other words stay for a while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

duhbanjopicker
Old
Thanks Meter 68
I've been offered the same deal. My bro n law has the G2. It's a nice device, but just can't bring myself to give up on this beast of a beast!!!

MMcCraryNJ
Old
Thanks Meter 141
I'm thinking LG and the carrier partners will soon abandon software support for the G2. There are rumors that the G3 is almost ready for market, with the fact that everyone is watching what Samsung is doing the GS5, LG might do an early release. The AT&T model of the G2 has CarrierIQ onboard and actively collecting data. I would say that's otherwise not too big of an issue, but from what I'm reading there's a pretty serious battery drain flaw with how CIQ operates the GPS in the phone. Plus other issues which I think will take awhile to be sorted out.

The G2 is a really nice device that failed to find an audience and will suffer support-wise as a result.
Previous devices:

T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream)
Samsung Vibrant T-959 (Galaxy S)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi GT-P7510
Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515MSV
Google Nexus 7 16GB

Current devices:

AT&T Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 NC2

Google Nexus 10 16GB
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KOT49H

aygriffith
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ View Post
I'm thinking LG and the carrier partners will soon abandon software support for the G2. There are rumors that the G3 is almost ready for market, with the fact that everyone is watching what Samsung is doing the GS5, LG might do an early release. The AT&T model of the G2 has CarrierIQ onboard and actively collecting data. I would say that's otherwise not too big of an issue, but from what I'm reading there's a pretty serious battery drain flaw with how CIQ operates the GPS in the phone. Plus other issues which I think will take awhile to be sorted out.

The G2 is a really nice device that failed to find an audience and will suffer support-wise as a result.
No shock there, the LG G Pro AT&T model had Carrier IQ and it would ping the GPS constantly. Heaven forbid you were inside out of satellite view, it would just run your GPS ragged trying to get a lock. Oh and LG not releasing any software updates is the norm. Ask any G Pro or Optimus G owners.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Now...
Samsung Note 3 N900A(play)
Apple iPhone 5S 32GB(work)
Asus Nexus 7" 16GB & 32GB WiFi
Samsung Nexus 10 32GB
Apple iPad 4
Samsung 500t Tablet + Dock

Gone but mostly not forgotten...
6 Blackberries, HTC TP2, HTC Hero, HTC Evo 4G, Samsung Nexus S 9020T, Samsung Galaxy S2 T989, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 9250i, Apple iPhone 4s, HTC One X+, Asus Transformer TF300, Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung GT7 i987, Samsung GT27 GT-P3113, Samsung GN2 GT-N7100, Samsung GT10 GT-P7510, LG G Pro E980

pham818
Old
(Last edited by pham818; 6th January 2014 at 08:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 179
i recently got an LG g2 for 250 on craigslist. got it because it was cheap, then resold it for 375, for profit to go towards my note 3, which i now have.

EDIT: no one around my area was willing to do LG G2 + cash for note 3.
Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 -
Asus Nexus 7 32GB (2013) - scrosler's CleanROM

Past
Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB - Sold
Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB - Given Away
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 16GB - SOLD

Free 500 MB of storage on Dropbox: http://db.tt/d6SOJt2W

Please press thanks if I helped in any way!

gharris040604
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Yea the g2 resale is horrible and will only become worst with rumors of the g3 on the horizon, I sold one last week for 400 on swappa I was surprised I got that much for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13663
There is a sticky for this discussion

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2466099
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe