Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more
Thread Closed

Trading the Note 3?

OP Skizzy034

6th January 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,011

4,954 posts
Someone offered to trade me his LG G2 + $100 for my Note 3. Would any of you consider doing that? I can't decide. The only thing holding me back is the resale value of the Note 3.

Skizzy034 (formerly SkizzMcNizz)
6th January 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034

Someone offered to trade me his LG G2 + $100 for my Note 3. Would any of you consider doing that? I can't decide. The only thing holding me back is the resale value of the Note 3.

Skizzy034 (formerly SkizzMcNizz)

Why would you wanna trade it?

what is the resale value of LG G2?

what is the resale value of your N3?
6th January 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #3  
Flag ANKENY,iowa
Thanks Meter: 374

3,391 posts
Donate to Me
More
I did it recently and I'm back on note 3 . Don't do it imo the LG g2 lags and stutters it's only o 4.2.2 and it needs work. The note 3 is where it's at and plus CES is going on there will be new stuff on the way the note is worth more anyhow around 550 resale still. In other words stay for a while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #4  
Flag Arlington, TX
Thanks Meter: 83

159 posts
More
Thumbs down
I've been offered the same deal. My bro n law has the G2. It's a nice device, but just can't bring myself to give up on this beast of a beast!!!
6th January 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #5  
Flag Acworth, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 141

368 posts
More
I'm thinking LG and the carrier partners will soon abandon software support for the G2. There are rumors that the G3 is almost ready for market, with the fact that everyone is watching what Samsung is doing the GS5, LG might do an early release. The AT&T model of the G2 has CarrierIQ onboard and actively collecting data. I would say that's otherwise not too big of an issue, but from what I'm reading there's a pretty serious battery drain flaw with how CIQ operates the GPS in the phone. Plus other issues which I think will take awhile to be sorted out.

The G2 is a really nice device that failed to find an audience and will suffer support-wise as a result.
6th January 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #6  
Flag The City of Salt
Thanks Meter: 62

256 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcCraryNJ

I'm thinking LG and the carrier partners will soon abandon software support for the G2. There are rumors that the G3 is almost ready for market, with the fact that everyone is watching what Samsung is doing the GS5, LG might do an early release. The AT&T model of the G2 has CarrierIQ onboard and actively collecting data. I would say that's otherwise not too big of an issue, but from what I'm reading there's a pretty serious battery drain flaw with how CIQ operates the GPS in the phone. Plus other issues which I think will take awhile to be sorted out.

The G2 is a really nice device that failed to find an audience and will suffer support-wise as a result.

No shock there, the LG G Pro AT&T model had Carrier IQ and it would ping the GPS constantly. Heaven forbid you were inside out of satellite view, it would just run your GPS ragged trying to get a lock. Oh and LG not releasing any software updates is the norm. Ask any G Pro or Optimus G owners.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #7  
Portland
Thanks Meter: 200

1,087 posts
More
i recently got an LG g2 for 250 on craigslist. got it because it was cheap, then resold it for 375, for profit to go towards my note 3, which i now have.

EDIT: no one around my area was willing to do LG G2 + cash for note 3.
Last edited by pham818; 6th January 2014 at 08:24 AM.
6th January 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #8  
Flag minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 111

536 posts
More
Yea the g2 resale is horrible and will only become worst with rumors of the g3 on the horizon, I sold one last week for 400 on swappa I was surprised I got that much for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #9  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,808

8,467 posts
More
There is a sticky for this discussion

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2466099

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread