5,593,401 Members 36,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cell standby draining battery

Tip us?

harishke
Old
(Last edited by harishke; 3rd December 2013 at 05:16 AM.) Reason: wrong section..admin/mod pls move this to Q&A ...couldn't find delete option :(
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Battery Full [Q] cell standby draining battery

hey guys ..i just got xperia z1 couple of days ago,phone is currently on stock .257 and rooted (LA).I tried to check my phones battery backup and I full charged it and left it in idle mode with wifi and mobile data turned off even the signal is on gsm and auto brightness,But after 6hrs the battery % came from 100 to 85 with out a single call and i see on battery usage 39% on cell standby 29% on phone idle 25% on display..is it normal on xperia z1 ??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-03-10-12-07.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	2429658  

danw_oz
Old
(Last edited by danw_oz; 3rd December 2013 at 05:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishke View Post
hey guys ..i just got xperia z1 couple of days ago,phone is currently on stock .257 and rooted (LA).I tried to check my phones battery backup and I full charged it and left it in idle mode with wifi and mobile data turned off even the signal is on gsm and auto brightness,But after 6hrs the battery % came from 100 to 85 with out a single call and i see on battery usage 39% on cell standby 29% on phone idle 25% on display..is it normal on xperia z1 ??
Yep cell standby is the same on all phones, just now you can see it exposed to you in an app.

Please note your battery will not get to it's full potential for around a couple of weeks.

In addition you realise this was a question, therefore you should post it in the Q&A Section, please read the pinned topics. Note: 4th pinned topic
The Following User Says Thank You to danw_oz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harishke
Old
(Last edited by harishke; 3rd December 2013 at 07:09 AM.) Reason: off topic included
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by danw_oz View Post
Yep cell standby is the same on all phones, just now you can see it exposed to you in an app.

Please note your battery will not get to it's full potential for around a couple of weeks.

In addition you realise this was a question, therefore you should post it in the Q&A Section, please read the pinned topics. Note: 4th pinned topic
thank you for quick response..but isnt it very high drain when phone is on almost every main draining things turned off i mean wifi/3g,screen and stamina/low power settings turned on?

off topic : I messed a lot in flashing roms and rooting and unrooting couple of times with phone, i am not pretty much sure if i did any mistake and messed with unlocking bootloader or not ..unlocking bootloader can be done only from sony unlocking website right? because i read on forums unlocking bootloader makes camera on stock disabled,but i am confused what does disable mean...does it mean camera app dont work or camera quality decreases? last question i feel my camera showing a lot of noise and disturbances on snaps on low light and some shots even on day light ,thought i did messed with unlocking bootloader and checked with *#*#7378423#*#* and services there i see bootloader unlock allowed YES ,it mean my bootloader is still locked..but is there any possibility that i did unlocked it and relocked with out notice ? (because i did messed with dual boot recovery n rooting and flashed some roms and came to stock now camera working but i feel clarity decreased a bit)

Sorry for too many question..i have asked all the things where i have doubts at once so that i dont extend threads each time asking questions ..hope you dont be annoyed for too many noob questions..I have passion in knowing about phones keenly

danw_oz
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishke View Post
thank you for quick response..but isnt it very high drain when phone is on almost every main draining things turned off i mean wifi/3g,screen and stamina/low power settings turned on?

off topic : I messed a lot in flashing roms and rooting and unrooting couple of times with phone, i am not pretty much sure if i did any mistake and messed with unlocking bootloader or not ..unlocking bootloader can be done only from sony unlocking website right? because i read on forums unlocking bootloader makes camera on stock disabled,but i am confused what does disable mean...does it mean camera app dont work or camera quality decreases? last question i feel my camera showing a lot of noise and disturbances on snaps on low light and some shots even on day light ,thought i did messed with unlocking bootloader and checked with *#*#7378423#*#* and services there i see bootloader unlock allowed YES ,it mean my bootloader is still locked..but is there any possibility that i did unlocked it and relocked with out notice ? (because i did messed with dual boot recovery n rooting and flashed some roms and came to stock now camera working but i feel clarity decreased a bit)

Sorry for too many question..i have asked all the things where i have doubts at once so that i dont extend threads each time asking questions ..hope you dont be annoyed for too many noob questions..I have passion in knowing about phones keenly
You would know if you unlocked the bootloader because there are many more steps, for a start you need to use a custom kernel. And you will need a key to unlock which requires you to give the phone IMEI number.

Yeah no camera driver for unlocked bootloader, Sony reluctant to release, strange because I think they are hide something about the camera actual specs.

Try root again and use monxdified ROM, it has camera tweaks and the photos I have taken with this ROM are very good. For best camera results, change to manual mode and set all the settings yourself, you will see a general improvement overall.

harishke
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
You would know if you unlocked the bootloader because there are many more steps, for a start you need to use a custom kernel. And you will need a key to unlock which requires you to give the phone IMEI number.

Yeah no camera driver for unlocked bootloader, Sony reluctant to release, strange because I think they are hide something about the camera actual specs.

Try root again and use monxdified ROM, it has camera tweaks and the photos I have taken with this ROM are very good. For best camera results, change to manual mode and set all the settings yourself, you will see a general improvement overall.
I flashed the rom ..seems pretty good with less unnecessary apps and fast ..ty for suggesting the rom

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Yeah no camera driver for unlocked bootloader, Sony reluctant to release, strange because I think they are hide something about the camera actual specs..
Thats mean is not real 20,7mpx. This can be the only reason. If not what else..

thegios
Old
Thanks Meter 87
After upgrade to 4.3 my battery drain overnight with wifi/3G/data/sync off, only 2G on, is very bad: before upgrade I had 2% in 8h now it is at least 0.5% per hour

I believe the problem to be google localisation services: please see my thread below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=4
SONY Xperia Z1 - JB 4.4.2 - 14.3.A.0.757 - rooted with dual recovery thanks to [NUT]
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - JB 4.1.2 - JZO54K.N8000XXCMJ3