5,597,937 Members 38,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BT Tether WiFi-based Location (no GPS) to save battery?

Tip us?

mohlsson
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplerider View Post
They both said connected and as I would make different selections it would change on the other device. But no actual location service on the gear (as mentioned, the previously working Sharegps app also isn't working but also shows connected).
Ok, good! Next check that I can think of is that mock locations is allowed in developer settings on the gear and Use GPS is checked i the phone settings.
/Martin

triplerider
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohlsson View Post
Ok, good! Next check that I can think of is that mock locations is allowed in developer settings on the gear and Use GPS is checked i the phone settings.
/Martin
Checked these things again thinking maybe one of them got unchecked but sadly they are correct and still no joy.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

almulder1092
Old
(Last edited by almulder1092; 10th December 2013 at 06:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
I hope this works for everyone interested, the project is now on github. As a new user here I cannot post direct links so here goes

Screenshot:
raw.github.com/Mohlsson/GearLocationBridge/master/device-2013-12-08-162923.png

Install and run the apk on both gear and phone
github.com/Mohlsson/GearLocationBridge/blob/master/bin/GearLocationBridge.apk?raw=true

/Martin
Very Interesting. Installed and working!

Edit: NOT Working, Still has ShareGPS running. Once that was turned off Gear no longer gets location, Withing Maps it says "Waiting for location" when I try and get it. All other settings are correct.

Edit: A restart of both devices has fixed the issue. (But needed to wait for the app to update)

Would be nice if we could have it update our location at specific intervals.

Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)

If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!

Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot

mohlsson
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default New version of GearLocationBridge

Hi all!

I have been using my app for a week now and found some bugs that i fixed. I also added settings for network location update frequency. You can now set the intervall for updates from one second to one hour and the minimum distance moved for updates to occur from none to 1000 meters. Updates are sent to the gear if both criteria are fulfilled. Be aware that network location might not be available everywhere, so if you don't get a location on the gear when using network location that is the most probable reason.

Donwload from
github.com/Mohlsson/GearLocationBridge/blob/master/bin/GearLocationBridge.apk?raw=true

Instructions, thanks to almulder1092, can be found at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...10111129152026

Note that you must allow mock locations on the gear as described in the turtorial for option one in the first steps of setup. Also, this is beta software and I take no responsibility if it messes up your device. All source code is on Github if you are interrested in how it works.

/Martin
The Following User Says Thank You to mohlsson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fOmey
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3786
Quote:
Hi all!

I have been using my app for a week now and found some bugs that i fixed. I also added settings for network location update frequency. You can now set the intervall for updates from one second to one hour and the minimum distance moved for updates to occur from none to 1000 meters. Updates are sent to the gear if both criteria are fulfilled. Be aware that network location might not be available everywhere, so if you don't get a location on the gear when using network location that is the most probable reason.

Donwload from

Note that you must allow mock locations on the gear as described in the turtorial for option one in the first steps of setup. Also, this is beta software and I take no responsibility if it messes up your device. All source code is on Github if you are interrested in how it works.

/Martin
Great job bud, you should get your hands stuck into a tasker plugin !

HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?

GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

mohlsson
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thank you fOmey, good idea to make it a Tasker plugin. I took a google crash course on how to make a plugin so there is a new version on github that should work with Tasker. I haven't used Tasker myself so I have only done some simple testing creating a task and triggering it.

almulder1092
Old
(Last edited by almulder1092; 6th January 2014 at 05:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Hi all!

Donwload from

/Martin
Looks like this needs to be updated for ML1 firmware, could you take a look?

or its just me. Using null_18 full system ui.

Tried reinstalling same thing "GearLocationBridge has stopped"

Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)

Thanks!

Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot

red rocket
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by almulder1092 View Post
Looks like this needs to be updated for ML1 firmware, could you take a look?

or its just me. Using null_18 full system ui.

Tried reinstalling same thing "GearLocationBridge has stopped"
al i found i think i got it go to developer options on the gear and enable mock locations. zfarishta

almulder1092
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by red rocket View Post
al i found i think i got it go to developer options on the gear and enable mock locations. zfarishta
No that was already turned on. I could not figure it out, So i just tried a full reset again. now it works. ODD not sure what is different this time around, but not going to complain.

Thanks!