5,596,354 Members 38,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any suggestions on how to get Sprint to kill my ETF?

Tip us?

hoy128
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Any suggestions on how to get Sprint to kill my ETF?

I renewed my Sprint contract back in 11/12 and got 2 LGOGs and 1 S3. When I renewed with Sprint, I was told the new phones didn't use WiMax anymore and that they were LTE. Although LTE wasn't out in my area (San Francisco), it should hit the area in a few months. I happily signed up because I've had nothing but good experiences with Sprint in the past. Almost immediately I noticed that the 3G on this new network was super slow, I'm talking speed tests of 0.02 - 0.20 mbps slow. I just sat on it and used WiFi where I could waiting for the 4G LTE signal. As 2013 flew by and many contacts to Sprint, I was told LTE would be in by the end of 2013. Well, its 2014 and I still don't have LTE nor do I even have 3G speeds that I can use on any of my phones. No one at sprint customer service seems to want to help me.

Does anyone know of a way to get Sprint to do the right thing and kill my ETF so that I can make the choice to move to a carrier that I can use? I've given them over a year to get their stuff together but they continue to sell a network that doesn't exist. I don't even care if I have to send them my old phone. But before people say "sell your phones to pay for the ETF." Unfortunately my current financial situation doesn't allow me to outright pay for new phones on top of paying for my ETF while I wait to see if I can sell the old phones.

At this point, I'm just tired of being mad....I'm just looking for some help.

davefroo
Old
(Last edited by davefroo; 3rd January 2014 at 05:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
No, but check this out.

http://www.slashgear.com/t-mobile-re...bers-20309639/

Supposedly, T-Mobile will be launching this program Jan 15th.
-
-froo-

Devices
Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7310
ROM: ICS Stock LQJ/LPV [Deodexed] Final Build [14/1/14] (A1 Kernel)

Archos 70
ROM: UrukDroid 1.6.3

LG Optimus G
ROM: Stock JB 4.1.2, Rooted & Unlocked

HTC EVO 4G
ROM: SOS+ 2.0.9.8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davefroo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xiutehcuhtli
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by davefroo View Post
No, but check this out.

http://www.slashgear.com/t-mobile-re...bers-20309639/

Supposedly, T-Mobile will be launching this program Jan 15th.
Whoa... That is huge. I've secretly been wanting to move to T-Mo for a lot of reasons, this may do it for me.

hoy128
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the tip, I guess I'll just have to borrow some money along with using this T-Mobile promotion and bite the bullet on this on and pay off the ETF, hopefully make a few bucks off selling my old phones. Sucks to see how Sprint has just gotten worse and worse yet they won't take any accountability.

oohaylima
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Force Roam all day for a few months. They'll terminate your contract.

Greatness83
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by oohaylima View Post
Force Roam all day for a few months. They'll terminate your contract.
Roaming is free..... Well for me. So I guess it is for everyone

Sent from my LG-LS970

HPTesla
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy128 View Post
Thanks for the tip, I guess I'll just have to borrow some money along with using this T-Mobile promotion and bite the bullet on this on and pay off the ETF, hopefully make a few bucks off selling my old phones. Sucks to see how Sprint has just gotten worse and worse yet they won't take any accountability.

Yeah, I only use Sprint because of the unlimited data on my plan(it's super cheap) and because rooting doesnt technically void the warranty. 3G is fine here in Pittsburgh, 4G/LTE is hit or miss. It's here, just not close to my house. Take a 10 minute drive - the signal is strong and download speeds are fast. However there are huge pockets where there is no service.

Their customer service has gotten worse in the last few years in my experience as well. It used to be different, now they really don't seem to care about much....

Like the banner? Original Dr Who image found here.

Sprint LS970 LG optimus G
with Viper1.1 Kernel

Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013
with Multirom TWRP 2.6.3

My android bootanimations can all be found here.

"Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability.” - H.P. Lovecraft
“The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla