Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Battery does not charge and not even discharges

OP tushar.mokal

4th January 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Hi Friends,

I have an unusual error, From morning my phone is not able to charge.

When the battery got drained till 10%, I removed the battery and charged the phone without booting it and charged till 100% as per the display which stucks till i removed the battery.

Again i booted the device....Now it is showing 53% battery even after one hour, Previously it gets fully drained within 1 - 2 hours.

Even PC is not detecting my phone via USB.....Please help.
4th January 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar.mokal

Hi Friends,

I have an unusual error, From morning my phone is not able to charge.

When the battery got drained till 10%, I removed the battery and charged the phone without booting it and charged till 100% as per the display which stucks till i removed the battery.

Again i booted the device....Now it is showing 53% battery even after one hour, Previously it gets fully drained within 1 - 2 hours.

Even PC is not detecting my phone via USB.....Please help.

Now Battery is reduced by 2% after long time but still not able to charge.
4th January 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #3  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,516
 
7,684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar.mokal

Now Battery is reduced by 2% after long time but still not able to charge.

That sounds like indicator problem. What ROM you use? Try to wipe cache and dalvik cache.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

That sounds like indicator problem. What ROM you use? Try to wipe cache and dalvik cache.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

HarshJelly 4.01
Kernel Cocore 8.2
5th January 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down

That sounds like indicator problem. What ROM you use? Try to wipe cache and dalvik cache.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

I have done Wipe cache & Dalvik Cache but gets screen gets stuck on boot animation So again I installed HJ v1.00 & then update with HJ v4.01 but the situation doesn't changed.

Now I am facing below problems:-
1) Not able to Charge mobile.
2) Not able to connect Phone with PC through USB (USB Device not recognized).
3) I need to remove Battery and charge the Phone without booting it.
4) Battery full charged Icon does not go even after Charger connection is removed.
5) While connecting Charger, Screen flicker's sometime.

Please help.
5th January 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #6  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,516
 
7,684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar.mokal

I have done Wipe cache & Dalvik Cache but gets screen gets stuck on boot animation So again I installed HJ v1.00 & then update with HJ v4.01 but the situation doesn't changed.

Now I am facing below problems:-
1) Not able to Charge mobile.
2) Not able to connect Phone with PC through USB (USB Device not recognized).
3) I need to remove Battery and charge the Phone without booting it.
4) Battery full charged Icon does not go even after Charger connection is removed.
5) While connecting Charger, Screen flicker's sometime.

Please help.

Maybe some hardware problem, I do not get any idea what cause it...
5th January 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Thanks for the reply Shut_ down.

Everything starts happening when I removed my sim and put in the another Android mobile and then again in my Mobile.

I recd one GPRS setting message from Vodafone but I ignored the same.

Is the cause root.

Now whenever I Power off my phone it starts automatically within 15-20 seconds.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
5th January 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #8  
shut_down's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 3,516
 
7,684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar.mokal

Thanks for the reply Shut_ down.

Everything starts happening when I removed my sim and put in the another Android mobile and then again in my Mobile.

I recd one GPRS setting message from Vodafone but I ignored the same.

Is the cause root.

Now whenever I Power off my phone it starts automatically within 15-20 seconds.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, maybe your micro usb connector on phone is faulty. When you connect cable with PC it will act like that...
6th January 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 3
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
What is the solution for it..... Just now I have changed my battery.

Battery size was increased / Swollen type.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes