Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,355 Members 39,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MHL and screen mirroring

Tip us?

madhukarmohan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default [Q] MHL and screen mirroring

Hi, We all know that Xperia SP has screen mirroring feature and we can connect using MHL. It works fine on SONY Bravia TVs. My home has a full HD ONIDA LCD TV. It has 2 HDMI ports. If I connect, my phone to this TV using MHL to HDMI adapter, can I see phone screen on the TV? Give some more points about screen mirroring and MHL features of SONY phones with TVs other than SONY.
The Following User Says Thank You to madhukarmohan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smogf
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukarmohan View Post
Hi, We all know that Xperia SP has screen mirroring feature and we can connect using MHL. It works fine on SONY Bravia TVs. My home has a full HD ONIDA LCD TV. It has 2 HDMI ports. If I connect, my phone to this TV using MHL to HDMI adapter, can I see phone screen on the TV? Give some more points about screen mirroring and MHL features of SONY phones with TVs other than SONY.
I have used MHL "TV Out" with MHL to HDMI adapter with Sharp and Samsung TV.
MHL it's not Screen Mirroring. Its two others features. First use MHL Adapter to send signal to TV. Second one. Use NO CABLE (wifi?) connection to display screen on other SONY devices (which support it).

No progblem with MHL at all, but....
First - My MHL adapter needs a little more power than standard SPs charger. With standard charger from SP my phone disconnects sometimes. Recconections after about 10 sec. With another charger (1A/5,1V) works perfect. Airplane mode on and I can play GTA:SA for hours

Second - phone charge veeeeery slow when connected to TV. About 5%/h :S
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smogf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]