XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] FM App in AOSP

Tip us?

Im_Awesome
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cloud Search [Q] FM App in AOSP

Well guys i have a great doubt, install the AOSP ROM and everything is perfect very stable, light and those things.
But I need the App of FM Radio and i tried to install it but without any success, someone i could say how to install it from this ROM.
Thank you very much.

noob.droid
Old
(Last edited by noob.droid; 28th December 2013 at 02:47 PM.) Reason: Addition
Thanks Meter 2
Phone Re: FM App in AOSP

May I ask what version of AOSP are you using, as far as i know, the Samsung Galaxy Y in only compatible with Gingerbread. So, it will have CM7 and CM7.2. I took the radio from a CM7 rom and attached it. Try installing this one. If it doesn't install, then try pushing it into /system/app and then it should work. If you don't know how to do that then just Google it.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, try com.radio.fmradio app from the Play Store, it's a wonderful alternative.
Attached Files
File Type: apk FMRadio.apk - [Click for QR Code] (702.9 KB, 20 views)

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Awesome View Post
Well guys i have a great doubt, install the AOSP ROM and everything is perfect very stable, light and those things.
But I need the App of FM Radio and i tried to install it but without any success, someone i could say how to install it from this ROM.
Thank you very much.
You can also try Spirit FM.
It allows you to play FM with/without headphones and works fine on AOSP. No force close, no errors.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands

PHSousa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnkotnis View Post
You can also try Spirit FM.
It allows you to play FM with/without headphones and works fine on AOSP. No force close, no errors.

Which version of Spirit FM is working on CM7? I've tried several, he even identifies the radios, but the sound does not come out :/

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSousa View Post

Which version of Spirit FM is working on CM7? I've tried several, he even identifies the radios, but the sound does not come out :/
I am using Aug11 Spirit FM Unlocked version. Bought it from Play Store long ago. (BTW updated version doesn't work. As you mentioned no sound comes out. Free and lite versions also have same problem.)

vivimilan
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I think is because of the kernel percy kernel. I have try the savie kernel with rom of percy CM7.2 and the spirit fm work but is we use savie kernel we can't use wirles and bluetuth with this rom so I think we can't use radio with this rom

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHSousa View Post

Read my post carefully I said AOSP not CM.