Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone Unknown after Stock ROM flash GT-N7100

Tip us?

GraphixLemz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question [Q] Phone Unknown after Stock ROM flash GT-N7100

HELP...!!!

Well, first timer to Custom ROM upgrades....I was looking through some threads, came across a particular ROM, found it very interesting..went ahead & flashed it...didnt work.
Reason: My Peanut brain failed to check the version of the Note2 it was meant for. My bad.
I didnt backup EFS. (my bad again, actualy i didnt knew I had to )
It override my existing Modem & took my Baseband & IMEI to unknown.

I look through whole night trying to undo what I did on XDA forum...did get quite some helpful links but nothing could solve mine.
The most common advise on the forum was to take it to the Samsung service centres & let them put the stock officla firmware.
Well, I took it to the service this morning, they put the stock 4.1.2 version..i was hoping that would solve my query.

To my dismay, the service guy told me that the Phone was showing as Unknown (screen shot 1) & that in that case the IMEI cannot be resolved.
One option he gave me was to pay up 8k (about 134 USD) to change the motherboard but honestly i dont have that much
Please advise....Is there any way i can resolve this.
I am on an Indian carrier GT-N7100
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg
Views:	1584
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	2497736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	1544
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	2497737  

amolgosavi
Old
Thanks Meter 145
If u have nandroid backup of your stock rom then restore it..i think then your problem is solved ..
If thats not work then install galaxy toolbox app from play store and restore your imei..but i dont know that this app is work or not for n7100.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

GraphixLemz
Old
(Last edited by GraphixLemz; 7th January 2014 at 09:07 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolgosavi View Post
If u have nandroid backup of your stock rom then restore it..i think then your problem is solved ..
If thats not work then install galaxy toolbox app from play store and restore your imei..but i dont know that this app is work or not for n7100.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
No backup...(learning the hard way here )
Is Phone:Unknown (screen shot 1) problem falling in the same category as IMEI & baseband unknown?
The service guy told me that in such a case as in phone Unknown, the IMEI cannot be resolved.(is that true?)
Every thread I look, there's only post on IMEI + baseband unknown or null, but nothing on Phone:Unknown.
Tags
gt-n7100 galaxy note 2