Ask a question

No registration required

upgrading to custom ROM/going back to STOCK ROM/

OP elight7286

6th January 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
After several hours on the internet I finally found the solution to upgrading to a custom rom/and how to install the stock firmware even after my device was bricked. I downloaded all the necessary tar.md5 files, and unlocked/rooted my phone. The only custom rom I have not been able to successfully use is cyanogenmod. Although I'm sure I just need to find the most current version that has the bugs worked out. I have a verizon Galaxy S III, but I have straight talk service. I have successfully installed Carbon, and Liquid Jellybean. Liquid jelly bean has a ton of options, and my camera actually worked. With carbon it did not. Although I did save a backup of my phone to my SD card I was not able to retrieve my apps. and contacts on the new operating systems. I'm sure with further exploration I can find a custom rom, and have everything I need. I have only been doing this for two days now. While my device was bricked I spent countless hours searching the internet, and there was only one detail that kept me from being successful sooner. I read in someones post that keis air doesnt work well with ODIN. not true in my case I have version 3.07. I found a downloadable version of keis and put it on my computer. I went to tools and selected upgrade firmware/initilization. This enabled me to install the stock firmware/and unbrick my device, but not after following all the wrong ways to fix it.I made sure to look for my model, carrier, and device. I still have no idea how people had so many different variables that supposedly worked for them. download ODIN 3.07, all the neccessary files, Kies air ,and you will be successful. the link to root/install custom recovery is on androidable. Since I am a new user to this site I am not able to post outside links. how convenient.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread