5,595,497 Members 47,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Some kind of patch for i9295 to use AOSP based 4.3 Roms

Tip us?

gtchuah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No luck... Restore boot.img from back-uped Samsung I9295XXUBMK3 still doesn't boot. Maybe I'll try to remove the boot.img in your patch.zip then only flash it. Will let you know whether it works or not.

gtchuah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can't install the my modified patch (I removed boot.img). I think I need to modify the "updater-script" which I am unsure how. Is it just delete "package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot");"?

ohwarumbloss
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtchuah View Post
Can't install the my modified patch (I removed boot.img). I think I need to modify the "updater-script" which I am unsure how. Is it just delete "package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot");"?
There should also be a line that deletes the old boot.img I think, if so, you need to remove that, too.

There also may be other dependencies between Hardware and Sammy Rom, I don't know. You will need the help of a Developer I think, sorry.
CM is using different files and I've read somewhere that it's way more complicated to port original Roms..

Maybe you find a way to port Miui by using one of the Roms provided in original Development..
Wish I could but I can not help you there
Sent from my GT-I9295 using xda app-developers app
"...the more I see, the less I believe..."
The Following User Says Thank You to ohwarumbloss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gtchuah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you ohwarumbloss for your help. Really appreciate it. I guess I have to wait for MIUI fan who is using SGS4A.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwarumbloss View Post
There should also be a line that deletes the old boot.img I think, if so, you need to remove that, too.

There also may be other dependencies between Hardware and Sammy Rom, I don't know. You will need the help of a Developer I think, sorry.
CM is using different files and I've read somewhere that it's way more complicated to port original Roms..

Maybe you find a way to port Miui by using one of the Roms provided in original Development..
Wish I could but I can not help you there
Sent from my GT-I9295 using xda app-developers app

mohsen17
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Miui

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtchuah View Post
Thank you ohwarumbloss for your help. Really appreciate it. I guess I have to wait for MIUI fan who is using SGS4A.

Cheers!
I ll love to have miui

WE NEED A DEVELOPER :::SOMEBODY HELPS