Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I bricked S4, sort of, please help.

Tip us?

Amelia2006
Old
(Last edited by Amelia2006; 6th January 2014 at 06:03 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I bricked S4, sort of, please help.

I did some search, but could not find a thread. Please forgive me if I missed something.

I got a MK2 S4 recently, rooted it use saferoot. Then enabled tethering. But today I somehow read a thread about "nobloat free". So I installed it, disabled some apps like "ATT navigator" etc. I guess, I disabled something I should not. So when I reboot the phone, I got a unlock icon (the initial B/W screen) and "custom" under it. Then it would stuck on ATT logo.

I entered recovery mode, did factory reset, it still shows "custom", but finally, it start to initialize the phone. I could setup items such as language, wifi, google acct etc. But eventually it would say failed to initialize the phone. The short press of home button won't work, I could not get the home page with widgets. But I can pull down the info page, enter settings from there. I can receive the phone call, can change some settings there, long press for multi-tasking works, but that's it.

I tried Kies, but it says I am running a custom firmware and I cannot initialize and reinstall firmware from there.

If I can launch noBloat Free, then I can enable those I disabled...

[update]

Hi, Thanks for replies! I did managed to go to google search, searched play store from there, then installed "noBloat Free" and enabled those I disabled before. Then rebooted. It works fine now. Thanks a lot!

Please help and thank you.

Mekanikz
Old
(Last edited by Mekanikz; 6th January 2014 at 05:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Download Android Commander. Entering the settings from the pull down, enable developer mode by going to about phone and tapping on build a couple times. Enable debugging. Then go to security and enable unknown sources. Get the apk for the app you need, connect your phone to your pc and install the app to your phone using Android Commander.

Otherwise I guess you could just re-flash the stock rom?

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Only way to get back to stock mk2 is using this guide posted by gtj0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2526964

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Amelia2006
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, Thanks for replies! I did managed to go to google search, searched play store from there, then installed "noBloat Free" and enabled those I disabled before. Then rebooted. It works fine now. Thanks a lot!