Quote:
Originally Posted by RueTheDayTrebek View Post
That's my point about the bootloader, that in time, every carrier is going to put their phones on lockdown. It just makes sense to move to a newer concept than trying to unlock the bootloader. Is hijacking the boot order, what SafeStrap does, the right way to go? What about overwriting the kernel and bypassing the bootloader altogether? I remember Hashcode was working with kexec, and for those of you who were there a couple of years ago when SafeStrap was first there for the Motorla RZR, D4, and Bionic, might remember this. It executes a live kernel overwrite, before the bootloader can even come up to verify the signed stock rom/firmware/bootloader.

I've read a couple of people mentioning this, but I'm not sure if its feasible. My point, SafeStrap and KEXEC are two options that need some blockbuster support. Hashcode is the Zeus of Mt. SafeStrape, but where is the God of War and the rest of the bunch to kick ass? Can we pick a direction?

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, maybe my message isn't the one that needs to be heard? I haven't posted much over the last couple of years, but I've done a lot of reading over the last few weeks, and I'm just curious if there is a Bat Signal they can use to summon the Justice League and put their collective boots up the ass of Lex Luthor (Verizon and co.)?
Dude. There are people working on this, believe me. And people who arent developers or cant contribute directly have posted a bounty to reward whoever can get a workaround. Safestrap does work, regardless of whether you are able to get it to work on your device. I'm guessing its user error. Not really sure what more you expect the community or Hashcode or any other dev to do that they arent already doing...