[Q] GS3 - Voicemail and battery drain issue? - 2nd highest WakeLock item

OP kaivorb

6th January 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So, I've been having battery issues for awhile now, and they only got worse with the most recent Sprint update. I'm not a battery management rookie, and I've been consuming info on posts and threads for some time now trying to figure out the issue. Turning off options or syncs doesn't seem to do anything (and I've toggled almost everything off and on with no measurable effect to battery).

MediaServer was an issue for awhile, and I went through and located and pulled all 0kb media files and MediaServer has dropped back down to no longer being a major wakelock/battery issue.

I have no one app that seems to the issue when I check SETTINGS->Battery, or GSAM battery stats or WakeLock Detector. It's always just "Android System" and "Kernal". But I have noticed over the past several days that "VOICEMAIL" in consistently in the top THREE when it comes to WakeLock (see photo).

Problem is, I haven't received more than a handful of calls in the past several days (I mostly use texts to communicate. Just preference - don't judge), and none of them used voicemail. Why would voicemail be at the top of the wake list?

Any ideas on this one? I can't really uninstall voicemail (I tried to "disable" it in settings, but that's not really possible...understandably), plus I would like to keep it around. It's a bit of a necessity with phones.

I am running a Sprint GS3 on the newest update and unrooted (although I might root again if that would solve the problem). I am going to try and do a factory wipe today and start over again to see if that solves the issue (I've already wiped CACHE and that did very little). Maybe updating made something not work with each other.

I've been searching threads for a few days now, and I see nothing about voicemail and battery drain. Is it supposed to be that high on the list? Am I missing something else?

Thanks.
K--

EDIT - Oh, and the phone has been off the charger for only 2 hours and it has dropped 20% while NOT BEING USED at all...aside from sitting in my pocket. The apps that are opened are because for ten minutes I went through and wrote down what I needed to reinstall after the factory wipe. I had tapped some of the apps while moving screens around. It was at about 83% before I started that process. That can't be "normal" for battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-06-10-20-01.png
Views:	536
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	2498527  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, drain, voicemail, wakelock
Previous Thread Next Thread