XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XPlay Gamepad as MOGA?

Tip us?

Qazsz123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] XPlay Gamepad as MOGA?

Hi. I wonder if it would be possible to make apps believe that the gamepad on xperia play is a moga controller. I want to play Portalize with the gamepad, moga optimized, but not Xperia Play...

ShogoKAI
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazsz123 View Post
Hi. I wonder if it would be possible to make apps believe that the gamepad on xperia play is a moga controller. I want to play Portalize with the gamepad, moga optimized, but not Xperia Play...
try to remp hardkeys in gamekeyboard
for example: cross button > Button "A"
circle button > Button "B"

BensJammin
Old
(Last edited by BensJammin; 13th December 2013 at 04:42 PM.) Reason: spelling!
Thanks Meter 107
Cant test right now as I have just sold my play but if tincore mapper works on the xp you can use that. In settings there is a gamepad mode and you can make the games think you have a moga, dualshock, shield or ipega. I use it for my s7300b but Im not sure about compatibility on the xp. Games normally come up with 'gamepad detected' and show the moga controls when it is set up. Hope that helps

Qazsz123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensJammin View Post
Cant test right now as I have just sold my play but if tincore mapper works on the xp you can use that. In settings there is a gamepad mode and you can make the games think you have a moga, dualshock, shield or ipega. I use it for my s7300b but Im not sure about compatibility on the xp. Games normally come up with 'gamepad detected' and show the moga controls when it is set up. Hope that helps
I was really hoping for that to work. It didn't. Crashed at startup

Also I dont wanna root.

narflynn619
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Quote:

Also I dont wanna root.
If you don't want to root then you're missing out. Besides, Tincore Keymapper requires root, that's why it crashed.

Quote:
__IMPORTANT________

This application requires root for advanced mapping modes.

from app thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2309529
The Following User Says Thank You to narflynn619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Qazsz123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also I have emailed Heaval, the developers of Portalize, with some links about optimizing it. So if nothing else shows up I have to wait for an answer. Still Thanks for your support!

BensJammin
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Rooting is so easy and there are no drawbacks. Opens your phone to so much more, and tincore is awesome

Sent from my MUCH i5 using Tapatalk

tincore
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:

Also I dont wanna root.
The problem with Xperias crashing is fixed in the latest version (3.1.4)

About root. There is no other way to simulate a controller.

Miichaell
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Could someone explain to me how to use this app? When I install and run it there appear mouse cursor on my screen (I cannot move with it and I don't know how to disable it - if I uncheck mouse pointer in settings, nothing happens) and if I open the app from notification area, there is no options called MOGA or something like this, only some settings which has no influence so I don't really know what is purpose of this app...
I want play Portalize with gamepad too, but Gamekeyboard has settings only for "gamepad to Xperia gamepad" but haven't "Xperia gamepad to gamepad".