Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,685 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moto G on AIO question

Tip us?

ew2x4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Moto G on AIO question

We switched from Sprint to AIO. I got the Nexus 5 and the wife got a Moto G. My wife is getting around 2 mbps down at best and it says 3g. I'm concerned it's just normal HSPA and not HSPA+. Is there a way to tell which it's on? For the record, when I turn LTE off on my nexus, I hit the data cap of 3.5-4 mbps on HSPA+.

lowrider262
Old
Thanks Meter 551
Settings>About Phone>Status>Mobile Network Type

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Rarscaryfrosty
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Depending on which model you purchased, your Moto G may or may not support HSPA or HSPA+. If you purchase the unlocked USA GSM model, it does have HSPA+. If you bought the global model, it's strictly 3G only.

big gulps huh?
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarscaryfrosty View Post
Depending on which model you purchased, your Moto G may or may not support HSPA or HSPA+. If you purchase the unlocked USA GSM model, it does have HSPA+. If you bought the global model, it's strictly 3G only.
.... thats a bunch of misinformation. All the models have HSPA+. The US models only show 3G on screen even when connected to HSPA+ (if you dont believe me there are several ways to check). With AIO either of the US models or the international models will work just fine (as it runs on ATT's network) the only time you really need to worry about network compatibility is if you are buying the phone to run on T-Mobile as you will need the US model instead of the Global model.
Current Phone: Lg G3 (Verizon)
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) 16gb Black

Retired phones:
Nexus 5 <- Moto G <- Galaxy Note 2 (broken and sold) <- Nokia Lumia 521 <- Nexus 4 <-Amaze 4g <- Sensation 4g <- HTC One V <- Sensation 4g <- Galaxy S 4g <- HTC HD2 (Broken....again) <- Nexus S 4g <- EVO3D <- G2 <- Mytouch 3g slide <- HTC HD2 (Broken) <- HTC HD7 <- iPhone4 <- Moto Droid <- Blackberry Curve 8300 <- iPhone 3g <- Several Verizon Dumb Phones

Rarscaryfrosty
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by big gulps huh? View Post
.... thats a bunch of misinformation. All the models have HSPA+. The US models only show 3G on screen even when connected to HSPA+ (if you dont believe me there are several ways to check). With AIO either of the US models or the international models will work just fine (as it runs on ATT's network) the only time you really need to worry about network compatibility is if you are buying the phone to run on T-Mobile as you will need the US model instead of the Global model.
Ah sorry, I guess I was misinformed. I must have been confused about the model that T-Mobile requires.

big gulps huh?
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarscaryfrosty View Post
Ah sorry, I guess I was misinformed. I must have been confused about the model that T-Mobile requires.
no worries. There seems to be a ton of confusion out there about this phone and which model to use. Motorola should add a chart or something on their site to clear it all up.
Current Phone: Lg G3 (Verizon)
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) 16gb Black

Retired phones:
Nexus 5 <- Moto G <- Galaxy Note 2 (broken and sold) <- Nokia Lumia 521 <- Nexus 4 <-Amaze 4g <- Sensation 4g <- HTC One V <- Sensation 4g <- Galaxy S 4g <- HTC HD2 (Broken....again) <- Nexus S 4g <- EVO3D <- G2 <- Mytouch 3g slide <- HTC HD2 (Broken) <- HTC HD7 <- iPhone4 <- Moto Droid <- Blackberry Curve 8300 <- iPhone 3g <- Several Verizon Dumb Phones

kieranc88
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Just checked mine there now hspa+ and downloads of between 3.5 and 5 Mbps in my house ,other days I can get up to 9 Mbps,UK stock ROM rooted on giffgaff network,Posted screenshots of speeds that I get in my bathroom which are usually poor compared to rest of house
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-06-17-56-09.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	2498530   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-06-17-55-29.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	2498531