Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,481 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] IR Blaster/Universal Remote Apps?

Tip us?
 
SomeFknGuy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default [Q] IR Blaster/Universal Remote Apps?

Has anyone found a good app that works with the Note3 IR blaster? I haven't been able to get WatchON to work with my phone/tv combo and am looking for something that works well... Any help would be much appreciated!
 
NinCaptain
Old
#2  
NinCaptain's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 130
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PA

 
DONATE TO ME
don't know which is the best because I don't have any issues with Watchon but I'd start here

https://play.google.com/store/search...blaster&c=apps

which tv do you have ?
NINE INCH NAILS TWENTY THIRTEEN


 
FruitBowlMafia
Old
#3  
FruitBowlMafia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 220
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 62893

 
DONATE TO ME
Cool Smart IR Remote

Smart IR Remote works great and has nice widgets. Watch On blows...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.remotefairy

La Pastra de' Falcona
Get your piss on apple boot animation HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to FruitBowlMafia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
SomeFknGuy
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitBowlMafia View Post
Smart IR Remote works great and has nice widgets. Watch On blows...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.remotefairy
Is it worth the $7? If it is I'll buy it... I usually prefer free but if it's a genuinely good app i'll throw some money at it
 
FruitBowlMafia
Old
#5  
FruitBowlMafia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 220
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 62893

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeFknGuy View Post
Is it worth the $7? If it is I'll buy it... I usually prefer free but if it's a genuinely good app i'll throw some money at it
Works great with our Note 3, well worth it I've already forgotten I paid 7 bucks.

La Pastra de' Falcona
Get your piss on apple boot animation HERE
 
NinCaptain
Old
#6  
NinCaptain's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 130
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: PA

 
DONATE TO ME
@SomeFknGuy i sent pm look
NINE INCH NAILS TWENTY THIRTEEN


The Following User Says Thank You to NinCaptain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
robroy90
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 206
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roll Tide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeFknGuy View Post
Is it worth the $7? If it is I'll buy it... I usually prefer free but if it's a genuinely good app i'll throw some money at it
It works fantastic, and their support is top-notch. I worked with them all summer on bugs, etc.

If you have access to an HTC One, the hardware IR implementation on it supports code learning, so you can "teach" it commands. I had to do this on some devices I had remote controls for that were not supported. I created a device, learned the codes, and then did a backup of my config within the app. I then restored that backup to my various devices with IR ports (Note 3 included) and it worked like a champ.

Smart IR takes Watch On to school in every respect. EASILY worth the cost if IR is really important to you.
 
oneandroidnut
Old
#8  
oneandroidnut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 367
Posts: 1,918
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy90 View Post
It works fantastic, and their support is top-notch. I worked with them all summer on bugs, etc.

If you have access to an HTC One, the hardware IR implementation on it supports code learning, so you can "teach" it commands. I had to do this on some devices I had remote controls for that were not supported. I created a device, learned the codes, and then did a backup of my config within the app. I then restored that backup to my various devices with IR ports (Note 3 included) and it worked like a champ.

Smart IR takes Watch On to school in every respect. EASILY worth the cost if IR is really important to you.
this.

htc one tv remote is 10x better then note 3. i will have to try this app though maybe it will make note a little better and closer to htc one
Currents:
LG G3
Awaiting Note 4
Sold:
Note 3 DE, OnePlus One 64 GB, HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X
 
painandpleasure
Old
#9  
painandpleasure's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 199
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Galaxy s4 universal remote works pretty good for me

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy S3 SCH-I535
Android Version: 4.1.2
Rom: CleanROM 6.0R2
Kernal: DeviantKernal_07
Nexus 7
Android Version: 4.2.2
Rom: XYLON
 
PaulusGrandis
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 38
Join Date: Dec 2012
WatchON has been great for me. I've been able to fully control every IR device I've come in contact with (including a 17-year-old DVD player). Can't beat it for free.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes