Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] IR Blaster/Universal Remote Apps?

OP SomeFknGuy

5th January 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
Has anyone found a good app that works with the Note3 IR blaster? I haven't been able to get WatchON to work with my phone/tv combo and am looking for something that works well... Any help would be much appreciated!
5th January 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 27

130 posts
Donate to Me
More
don't know which is the best because I don't have any issues with Watchon but I'd start here

https://play.google.com/store/search...blaster&c=apps

which tv do you have ?
5th January 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag 62893
Thanks Meter: 36

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool Smart IR Remote
Smart IR Remote works great and has nice widgets. Watch On blows...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.remotefairy
The Following User Says Thank You to FruitBowlMafia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitBowlMafia

Smart IR Remote works great and has nice widgets. Watch On blows...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.remotefairy

Is it worth the $7? If it is I'll buy it... I usually prefer free but if it's a genuinely good app i'll throw some money at it
5th January 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #5  
Flag 62893
Thanks Meter: 36

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeFknGuy

Is it worth the $7? If it is I'll buy it... I usually prefer free but if it's a genuinely good app i'll throw some money at it

Works great with our Note 3, well worth it I've already forgotten I paid 7 bucks.
5th January 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 27

130 posts
Donate to Me
More
@SomeFknGuy i sent pm look
The Following User Says Thank You to NinCaptain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #7  
Flag Roll Tide
Thanks Meter: 22

228 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeFknGuy

It works fantastic, and their support is top-notch. I worked with them all summer on bugs, etc.

If you have access to an HTC One, the hardware IR implementation on it supports code learning, so you can "teach" it commands. I had to do this on some devices I had remote controls for that were not supported. I created a device, learned the codes, and then did a backup of my config within the app. I then restored that backup to my various devices with IR ports (Note 3 included) and it worked like a champ.

Smart IR takes Watch On to school in every respect. EASILY worth the cost if IR is really important to you.
6th January 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 417

2,233 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy90

It works fantastic, and their support is top-notch. I worked with them all summer on bugs, etc.

If you have access to an HTC One, the hardware IR implementation on it supports code learning, so you can "teach" it commands. I had to do this on some devices I had remote controls for that were not supported. I created a device, learned the codes, and then did a backup of my config within the app. I then restored that backup to my various devices with IR ports (Note 3 included) and it worked like a champ.

Smart IR takes Watch On to school in every respect. EASILY worth the cost if IR is really important to you.

this.

htc one tv remote is 10x better then note 3. i will have to try this app though maybe it will make note a little better and closer to htc one
6th January 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #9  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 19

199 posts
More
Galaxy s4 universal remote works pretty good for me

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
6th January 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

38 posts
WatchON has been great for me. I've been able to fully control every IR device I've come in contact with (including a 17-year-old DVD player). Can't beat it for free.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread