XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One X rooting interrupted and won't boot

Tip us?

SerenadeX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One X rooting interrupted and won't boot

I have tried rooting my HTC One X and I installed the wrong rom onto it after rooting it. I wasn't able to boot, but I could get to the fastboot screen by holding down the down button and the power button. I ran out of time to work on it, so I unplugged it before I had figured it out. Now I cannot get it to that screen, or even to show the charging indicator. Any ideas of how I can get it booted up again? Is there any other info you need to help me figure this out? I searched for a solution but I haven't been able to find one yet. Thanks in advance.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4639

DONATE TO ME
Firstly, do you have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita)?

Which ROM did you flash?

Do you know what your bootloader details were?

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
HTC Evita | KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5
S-off | 2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

SerenadeX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Firstly, do you have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL / at&t One X (Evita)?

Which ROM did you flash?

Do you know what your bootloader details were?

I have the AT&T One X Evita. I tried putting on CM Recovery. Also I did get it rooted and unlocked. I was installing the ROM and I flashed one that kept the OS from starting. It showed the loading screen but stuck on that. I could always get back to the HBOOT though. Now it isn't possible to get there. It may be from the battery dying but the battery isn't charging according to the light. There is no light at all when I plug it in.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4639

DONATE TO ME
Ok, you answered the first question but what about the other two? If you want help you need to answer the questions that are asked, with as much specific detail as possible. Answering that you "flashed a ROM that kept the OS from starting" doesn't answer the question. I can't help properly unless you give me the information I need.

In terms of the LED not showing that it's charging, it does happen sometimes. Plug the phone into a wall outlet and leave it connected for eight hours, then try to boot into the bootloader using the power + volume down button combination. Don't do anything else yet though until you've answered the questions and we've ascertained exactly what's going on with your phone.

SerenadeX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Ok, you answered the first question but what about the other two? If you want help you need to answer the questions that are asked, with as much specific detail as possible. Answering that you "flashed a ROM that kept the OS from starting" doesn't answer the question. I can't help properly unless you give me the information I need.

In terms of the LED not showing that it's charging, it does happen sometimes. Plug the phone into a wall outlet and leave it connected for eight hours, then try to boot into the bootloader using the power + volume down button combination. Don't do anything else yet though until you've answered the questions and we've ascertained exactly what's going on with your phone.

I told you what details I knew. I started this a month or two ago, and since then I have misplace where I put the ROM images. So I honestly don't remember. I am trying to get the phone fixed up now, cause now I have time to fix it. From what I remember, I tried flashing an image using either adb or fastboot onto the recovery. From there I haven't been able to get it into recovery or to boot normally. I could only get to the HBOOT screen. I really can't remember which one I tried to flash on there. And I can't get many more details on the hboot screen.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4639

DONATE TO ME
It's very difficult to help in that case. Try charging for an extended period of time like I suggested before and see if it'll power on.

SerenadeX
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It's very difficult to help in that case. Try charging for an extended period of time like I suggested before and see if it'll power on.

I'll do that. I will also search through backups of my computer and see if I can find those files. I will post with any updates.

fresti
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default SRSroot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenadeX View Post
I have tried rooting my HTC One X and I installed the wrong rom onto it after rooting it. I wasn't able to boot, but I could get to the fastboot screen by holding down the down button and the power button. I ran out of time to work on it, so I unplugged it before I had figured it out. Now I cannot get it to that screen, or even to show the charging indicator. Any ideas of how I can get it booted up again? Is there any other info you need to help me figure this out? I searched for a solution but I haven't been able to find one yet. Thanks in advance.
if you want to root your devices, i recommend you to use SRSroot, This app to make your devices rooted. you just click and tarrraaaaaa... your device is rooted...

NB: you must have internet access to use this app

search "SRSroot" in google, click official web for SRSroot and download....

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4639

DONATE TO ME
SRSroot only has a 50% success rate across all devices. Plus using that will only (maybe) allow root access on a stock ROM. It doesn't allow bootloader unlocking, or installing custom recovery, or installing custom ROMs. It's pretty much useless for this device because the whole unlocking process for the Evita is quite different. Maybe don't just post this in forums where you know absolutely nothing about the device.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2587
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresti View Post
if you want to root your devices, i recommend you to use SRSroot, This app to make your devices rooted. you just click and tarrraaaaaa... your device is rooted...

NB: you must have internet access to use this app

search "SRSroot" in google, click official web for SRSroot and download....
Not relevant to this thread, as its not lack of root method that is the OPs problem. Also, if you don't have this device and don't know if the root method you suggest will work on it, you shouldn't be suggesting it.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenadeX View Post
I'll do that.
If you weren't actively trying to do anything (flash any kind of file, etc.) when you unplugged the phone, I would have to think its just a matter of getting the phone charged again.

On the other hand, if it doesn't come back after charging overnight (use the wall charger, not charging via computer USB), and/or you get a message QHSUSB_DLOAD when connected to your computer, the phone is pretty much done and its either time to JTAG or a new phone.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted

Tags
rooting