SGH-M919 | 4.4.2 Rom's and HD Voice

Tip us?

Katahar_Bam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default SGH-M919 | 4.4.2 Rom's and HD Voice

Ok Guys,

Seriously, I searched around, i just can't figure for the life of me on how to hear my tmo calls in HD with my other GS4 loving friends. I'm currently running the latest danvdh rom 4.4.2 GE rom and my calls aren't in HD. But, yet they are?

Let me explain, via speakerphone they sound somewhat HD, but on handset they don't, sound normal actually. Maybe the entire call isn't in HD but i know for sure that this is something that happened when i came from 4.2 to 4.4 KitKat.

Does anyone know how to fix/address this? I saw something about going back to a previous baseband and then using servicemode, but i thought its only for TW based roms. Let me know guys, I'm really excited for KitKat but just this one thing is really bugging me. :|

- KTHR_BAM

Katahar_Bam
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just a little bump and update.

So I've tried adding ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1 to the build.prop but to no avail. My baseband is MK2 and I'm utilizing the ktoonsez kernel. I'm sure somebody has to figure this out already... I can't imagine the actual official GE Galaxy S4 phone not being HD Voice...

flash3d
Old
Thanks Meter 24
The previous GE 4.3 also lacked HD Voice, seems that Samsung/Google don't care. There were some attempts with 4.3 to get it to work with patches/service menu apps but it never worked. If you want HD Voice you have to use a Samsung TW rom atm.
That's it man, game over man, game over!