Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 51,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AOKP updates

Tip us?

Natherul
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] AOKP updates

Hey all!

If you already got AOKP installed and flash a newer version, is there any way for one to keep all settings and homescreens?
I just did a update and got all setting pretty much except that I had to log into my google account again and that my homescreen was completely reset. Or was that just poossibly because I did not reflash gapps on the first launch of the system (as I did not think it was needed)?

thanks in beforehand

Ducter
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natherul View Post
Hey all!

If you already got AOKP installed and flash a newer version, is there any way for one to keep all settings and homescreens?
I just did a update and got all setting pretty much except that I had to log into my google account again and that my homescreen was completely reset. Or was that just poossibly because I did not reflash gapps on the first launch of the system (as I did not think it was needed)?

thanks in beforehand
Depending what launcher you are using some offer back up and restore. If you are taking about aokp settings, aokp backup is in the play store.
All fear, all pain, all hurt, all grief, all lies, must bow to Jesus' name.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Natherul
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
the AOKP settings from ROM Control seemed to have survived, the launcher is the one that comes with AOKP, stock? And I dont know if theres a backup function of that one....

Fahrenheit
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Does AOKP Backup also backup settings (like screen timeout, system sounds, etc.) or only options set in ROM Control?

Natherul
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I believe its only for the ROM Control settings, but I might be wrong.

I mean it does state:
Quote:
This application will backup your settings from ROM Control so you can easily restore them in-between wipes or just so you can change settings around and get back to your original setup.
On the play store. If they would backup more settings I think they would advertise about it
The Following User Says Thank You to Natherul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Romanbb
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7028

DONATE TO ME
Just FYI : it's not setup for kitkat, and we will eventually integrate aokp backup into aokp natively during kitkat sometime.

But if you wanna still throw a few bucks my way by purchasing the app (while it's still up in the play store) I wouldn't say no......

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Romanbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fahrenheit
Old
(Last edited by Fahrenheit; 6th January 2014 at 06:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
I just dusted down some paypals on aokp.co for the continued Galaxy Nexus love. Cheers!

FYI I use Nova Launcher and it has a dope backup/restore feature for home screens. I've been using the same layout for almost 2 years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to Fahrenheit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]