Tip us?

mfigrs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Guys, please - that's not the point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Stop trying RUU's from random places, go to this site: (... it doesn't let me keep the link ...)
That's exactly the site I got my other RUU from. The first one that I tried was from HTC website and had this filename: "RUU_EVITA_UL_JB_45_S_Cingular_US_3.18.502.6_Radio _0.24p.32.09.06_10.130.32.34_release_signed_With_P artial.exe". It says "EVITA" as plainly as it could. I am aware of that.

The thing is: both didn't work. OK, I'm going to try another one just for the sake of completeness, but with two previous attempts the story was the same:
1) Turn on the phone holding volume-
2) Select FASTBOOT
3) Connect to USB
4) Launch RUU
5) Click through dialogs, agree to everything
6) Message appears "Verifying information..."
7) New dialog pops up allowing me to select the 3.18.502.6 update
8) I click Next -> Next -> ...
9) The dialog opens with a message that the phone is being "prepared" for update and it will be rebooted to bootloader
10) Phone reboots and goes to the 'quietly brilliant' screen (or more recently - just black screen)
11) Computer shows message "Waiting for bootloader"
12) Computer times out -> the only available option is Exit.

End of story for me. Is there a way to somehow fix that? I'm OK with doing stuff from cmd - it's just that none of the tips I found in this forum actually worked. For example, adb always ends up with error 'device not found' and fastboot only works while the phone is in the fastboot menu, but does not let me flash anything.

Thanks.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4644

DONATE TO ME
Ok, but the only RUU you specifically mentioned up until this point was one that isn't for this device (3.07), which is why I posted that. Maybe you got it from androidruu, but you definitely didn't get it from the Evita section. There's no need to get narky at me for trying to make sure you don't brick your phone after you've already run at least one RUU that isn't for your device.

Perhaps you need to try the 2.20 at&t RUU.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita | KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5
S-off | 2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3
Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

magnetboard
Old
Thanks Meter 80
You could try putting it into RUU mode to try and force it to flash. I had to do that to mine about 5 hours ago. Just go to fastboot, type "fastboot OEM rebootRUU" and try running the RUU from there.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

mfigrs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
My apologies for the confusion - the RUU I was mentioning as 3.07 is actually 3.07.2012 - this way it's being referred to on the HTC website, but the software version in it is 3.18. I'm not allowed to post links yet, so it's kind of hard to explain...

I have tried the 'rebootRUU' trick - it didn't do anything. After some experiments I found that letter sizes do matter - when I entered "fastboot oem rebootRUU" the phone actually rebooted. However, it went straight into the 'quietly brilliant' screen and I wasn't even able to go past the "Verifying information" pop-up on the computer - it ended up in 'usb connection timed out' error.

Anyway, I will try 2.20 - if that one doesn't work, I guess I'll have to send it for service.

Thank you all for trying to help.

OmegaOmnimon
Old
(Last edited by OmegaOmnimon; 1st January 2014 at 09:26 PM.) Reason: more info
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Ok, but the only RUU you specifically mentioned up until this point was one that isn't for this device (3.07), which is why I posted that. Maybe you got it from androidruu, but you definitely didn't get it from the Evita section. There's no need to get narky at me for trying to make sure you don't brick your phone after you've already run at least one RUU that isn't for your device.

Perhaps you need to try the 2.20 at&t RUU.

Sent from my Evita.
http :// www htc com /us/support/htc-one-x-att/news (sorry can't post links)

I think the op might be talking about this RUU which i can confirm does indeed work for the One X. If not, try this RUU! You said it was 3.07.2012 but this is 3.07.2013 not sure if just a typo but here's hoping!

As for the phone, if the RUU doesn't work then it might be a hardware issue not letting the phone boot. It's happened to me on the EVO 4G and no amount of software flashing would fix that.

Also, this probably won't make a difference, but make sure to run the RUU as administrator

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfigrs View Post
My apologies for the confusion - the RUU I was mentioning as 3.07 is actually 3.07.2012 - this way it's being referred to on the HTC website, but the software version in it is 3.18.
3.07.2013 (its not 2012) is neither the RUU number nor the software version, its the date the RUU was posted to the HTC website (March 7, 2013).

The software/RUU number is 3.18.502.6

The software/RUU number is always in the file name.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: HTC One X (AT&T version) Rooted, Bootloader Unlocked, S-Off

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (WiFi only) Rooted