FORUMS

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Exclude apps from upgrade/installation when flashing

4th January 2014, 08:00 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey together,
is there any chance to exclude single apps from the upgrade/installation process when flashing a new rom (nightlies)?

There's a bunch of apps I don't need or want, e.g. those "beauties" like phase beam, black hole, etc.

Maybe it can be done through a script in /system/addon.d or or a new zip in OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate?

Thanks in advance,
klenamenis

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
4th January 2014, 08:26 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
you can freeze them and they will still be frozen after upgrade.

来自我的 Find 5 上的 Tapatalk
4th January 2014, 08:40 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,075
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klenamenis

There's a bunch of apps I don't need or want, e.g. those "beauties" like phase beam, black hole, etc.

Maybe it can be done through a new zip in OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate?

Yep, this can be done easily.

Code:
ui_print("Mounting system partition");
ifelse(!is_mounted("/system"), run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system"));
ifelse(!is_mounted("/system"), abort("Failed to mount /system"));

delete("/path/to/app");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");
The Following User Says Thank You to Pons For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2014, 11:08 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webore

you can freeze them and they will still be frozen after upgrade.

来自我的 Find 5 上的 Tapatalk

I know, but they shall be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonsAsinorem

Yep, this can be done easily.

Code:
ui_print("Mounting system partition");
ifelse(!is_mounted("/system"), run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system"));
ifelse(!is_mounted("/system"), abort("Failed to mount /system"));

delete("/path/to/app");

run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");

Thanks, but which update-binary should I use?
Is it possible to prevent that they even got flashed?

Thanks anyway for help.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by klenamenis; 4th January 2014 at 02:23 PM.
5th January 2014, 12:15 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,075
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klenamenis

Thanks, but which update-binary should I use?

I'd grab a recent one out of OmniROM. Or you could try this update-binary (from http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by klenamenis

Is it possible to prevent that they even got flashed?

Yes, with an addon.d script. I don't feel like making one right now, because that syntax gives me a headache. But you should be able to look at others, (like Chainfire's su one), and see what it does and how it deletes files. After that, you could puzzle it out yourself with some time.
5th January 2014, 03:46 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonsAsinorem

I'd grab a recent one out of OmniROM. Or you could try this update-binary (from http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 ).

Yep, I already took a sample from someone's guide about creating zips.

Problem solved.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th January 2014, 06:34 PM |#7  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,211
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klenamenis

Hey together,
is there any chance to exclude single apps from the upgrade/installation process when flashing a new rom (nightlies)?

There's a bunch of apps I don't need or want, e.g. those "beauties" like phase beam, black hole, etc.

Maybe it can be done through a script in /system/addon.d or or a new zip in OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate?

Thanks in advance,
klenamenis

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Why? Free space in /system has no benefits, and none of those apps autostart, so you gain nothing by removing them.
6th January 2014, 06:46 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Why? Free space in /system has no benefits, and none of those apps autostart, so you gain nothing by removing them.

Because almost daily backing up and flashing between ROMs needs less time, TitaniumBackup's list of installed apps is shorter and some of the apps I remove have some background services running which I don't want.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes