FORUMS

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

Screen died

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By odaibasha, Junior Member on 5th January 2014, 02:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th January 2014, 10:53 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I hope that's the case, can they even tell it is rooted without the screen being on?
To answer your questions, I haven't installed a custom ROM neither a screen filter app, I tried adjusting the brightness multiple times so one of the tries must have actually hit the correct place, still no effect though.
If nothing works, I think my only option is to take it back to samsung.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
 
 
5th January 2014, 02:08 PM |#12  
lucky 69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag brazil ,indiana u.s.a
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by odaibasha

I hope that's the case, can they even tell it is rooted without the screen being on?
To answer your questions, I haven't installed a custom ROM neither a screen filter app, I tried adjusting the brightness multiple times so one of the tries must have actually hit the correct place, still no effect though.
If nothing works, I think my only option is to take it back to samsung.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

ya you should try samsung .at this point it wont hurt .just tell them screen went out and go from there. don't mention root .unless they ask.they will be able to tell anyway.this should be covered under warranty.good luck. let us know how it goes.
5th January 2014, 07:34 PM |#13  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
I had the exact same issue with this tablet.
The problem is that the backlight is dead.
If you look closely at the screen under the light, you'll be able to see some icons and letters.
In my case, Samsung did not cover the warranty because my device was not purchased in Canada and it was rooted.
I mean Canada didn't even have the device at the time.
Long story short, I did something bad to get my tablet "repaired".
But I blame Samsung for having such a crappy warranty service.
5th January 2014, 09:57 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Yeah I think I'll just take it to them. I'll let you know what happens.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
5th January 2014, 10:12 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer8297

I had the exact same issue with this tablet.
The problem is that the backlight is dead.
If you look closely at the screen under the light, you'll be able to see some icons and letters.
In my case, Samsung did not cover the warranty because my device was not purchased in Canada and it was rooted.
I mean Canada didn't even have the device at the time.
Long story short, I did something bad to get my tablet "repaired".
But I blame Samsung for having such a crappy warranty service.

May I ask what that bad thing was?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
6th January 2014, 07:11 PM |#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by odaibasha

May I ask what that bad thing was?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Just a wild guess but I suppose you could go buy a new one from a retailer here in Canada, swap out the faulty one for the new one and return it claiming it's faulty (I doubt any of them check the SN on the back and the one on the box match), or I guess you could even swap the SN on the box from the SN on the US box so it does match.

Not saying he did that, but it's the easiest way to get it "repaired" :P

Come to think of it you can do this for any tablet, even though this is downright fraud. So please don't.
Last edited by C2Q; 6th January 2014 at 07:14 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes