Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Troubleshooting with my galaxy s3 mini

OP and.fenitra

6th January 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Antananarivo
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
hello all,

I'm really new and novice to the Android hacking. in fact, this is the second time I tampers an android phone.

I have a Galaxy S3 Mini I just bought 2 weeks ago,from a guy who have used it for a while. the guy who sold it to me warned me that the wifi and camera does not work because of the root he had done. so i thought i will find the solution by reinstalling an official rom

Now I changed the firmware to an official firmware which was launched december from marocan operator, everything is ok, the Installation was succssessfull, but every time I get an error: kernel panic upload firmware.

My system information are:
GT 8190
android 4.1.2
base band/ I8190XXAMG4
KERNEL 3.0.31 -1332988

it wil really be nice if someone could find me a solution because i've searched all over internet but didn't found solution.

maybe a golden kernel may resolve the problem? but can't find any link.

thanks
6th January 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
mauam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,026
 
4,499 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
All you need is, here & here. Have fun learning new stuff. BTW, welcome to s3 mini.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Antananarivo
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Upload panic mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam

All you need is, here & here. Have fun learning new stuff. BTW, welcome to s3 mini.

thanks for answering man. it's really amazing how internet is great,
i'm going to install the latest rom from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546043 and hope it will work an resolve my kernel panic upload mode.

however do you think it may be a Hardware problem too? because i've checked the phone it seems that it have been open.
6th January 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #4  
mauam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,026
 
4,499 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by and.fenitra

thanks for answering man. it's really amazing how internet is great,
i'm going to install the latest rom from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546043 and hope it will work an resolve my kernel panic upload mode.

however do you think it may be a Hardware problem too? because i've checked the phone it seems that it have been open.



If been open, maybe it's f**** up, anyway try the rom & see if it work. Have fun.
6th January 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Antananarivo
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Lightbulb F**** up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam


If been open, maybe it's f**** up, anyway try the rom & see if it work. Have fun.

i've just finished the installation of the i8190XXXAMJ3 with the latest kernel. the phone seems to run smoother than before but after some tests, the message panic kernel upload mode still appears.

i ve also noticed that sometimes the screen lags, maybe the hardware hypothese is valid?
and the apn and wifi still don t work.

any idea ?
6th January 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #6  
mauam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7,026
 
4,499 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by and.fenitra

i've just finished the installation of the i8190XXXAMJ3 with the latest kernel. the phone seems to run smoother than before but after some tests, the message panic kernel upload mode still appears.

i ve also noticed that sometimes the screen lags, maybe the hardware hypothese is valid?
and the apn and wifi still don t work.

any idea ?



I have no idea, try find something useful here. Good luck bud.
6th January 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Antananarivo
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam


I have no idea, try find something useful here. Good luck bud.

thanks dude, imma check it right now

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes