Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Troubleshooting with my galaxy s3 mini

Tip us?

and.fenitra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Troubleshooting with my galaxy s3 mini

hello all,

I'm really new and novice to the Android hacking. in fact, this is the second time I tampers an android phone.

I have a Galaxy S3 Mini I just bought 2 weeks ago,from a guy who have used it for a while. the guy who sold it to me warned me that the wifi and camera does not work because of the root he had done. so i thought i will find the solution by reinstalling an official rom

Now I changed the firmware to an official firmware which was launched december from marocan operator, everything is ok, the Installation was succssessfull, but every time I get an error: kernel panic upload firmware.

My system information are:
GT 8190
android 4.1.2
base band/ I8190XXAMG4
KERNEL 3.0.31 -1332988

it wil really be nice if someone could find me a solution because i've searched all over internet but didn't found solution.

maybe a golden kernel may resolve the problem? but can't find any link.

thanks

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6569
All you need is, here & here. Have fun learning new stuff. BTW, welcome to s3 mini.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

and.fenitra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Upload panic mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam View Post
All you need is, here & here. Have fun learning new stuff. BTW, welcome to s3 mini.
thanks for answering man. it's really amazing how internet is great,
i'm going to install the latest rom from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546043 and hope it will work an resolve my kernel panic upload mode.

however do you think it may be a Hardware problem too? because i've checked the phone it seems that it have been open.

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6569

Quote:
Originally Posted by and.fenitra View Post
thanks for answering man. it's really amazing how internet is great,
i'm going to install the latest rom from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546043 and hope it will work an resolve my kernel panic upload mode.

however do you think it may be a Hardware problem too? because i've checked the phone it seems that it have been open.

If been open, maybe it's f**** up, anyway try the rom & see if it work. Have fun.

and.fenitra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb F**** up

Quote:

If been open, maybe it's f**** up, anyway try the rom & see if it work. Have fun.
i've just finished the installation of the i8190XXXAMJ3 with the latest kernel. the phone seems to run smoother than before but after some tests, the message panic kernel upload mode still appears.

i ve also noticed that sometimes the screen lags, maybe the hardware hypothese is valid?
and the apn and wifi still don t work.

any idea ?

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6569

Quote:
Originally Posted by and.fenitra View Post
i've just finished the installation of the i8190XXXAMJ3 with the latest kernel. the phone seems to run smoother than before but after some tests, the message panic kernel upload mode still appears.

i ve also noticed that sometimes the screen lags, maybe the hardware hypothese is valid?
and the apn and wifi still don t work.

any idea ?

I have no idea, try find something useful here. Good luck bud.

and.fenitra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OK

Quote:

I have no idea, try find something useful here. Good luck bud.
thanks dude, imma check it right now