Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I Flash Any Rom With These Specs.

Tip us?

my_amin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by old.splatterhand View Post
Your phone must have android running, then you can try rumrunner.us
Facepalm or moonshine are for previous software versions.
But as it seems, the side is down at the moment.
Hi,

I used rumrunner.us and now my device is S-OFF. Therefore I must be able to flash other roms after changing my cid and hboot version. Is it right ?

And another question is,

I've flashed Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip and superuser.apk has been installed but those programs that want to get root access, can't do this like Root Explorer, and in RootValidator as you can see in the picture below, shows "Root was denied to this app!", and from ADB I can to get root access, but why programs don't have any root access ?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0390.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	2498251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	16
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	2498252  

old.splatterhand
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,554

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_amin View Post
Hi,

I used rumrunner.us and now my device is S-OFF. Therefore I must be able to flash other roms after changing my cid and hboot version. Is it right ?
Depends on, if we are talking about official HTC roms/updates or custom roms. For custom roms you usually don't need to change CID.

Quote:
I've flashed Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip and superuser.apk has been installed but those programs that want to get root access, can't do this like Root Explorer, and in RootValidator as you can see in the picture below, shows "Root was denied to this app!", and from ADB I can to get root access, but why programs don't have any root access ?
You should use SuperSu, because i'm not sure that Superuser is still in development (especially for newer Android versions).
Grab the zip file here and flash in recovery (should also remove Superuser you have already flashed).
Main Devices:

- HTC One (M8)
S-Off | Insert Coin | ElementalX | TWRP

- HTC One SV
Index Thread: Search and find all what belongs to HTC One SV

Other devices: HTC Desire S | Asus TF 101 | HTC HD mini
The Following User Says Thank You to old.splatterhand For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

my_amin
Old
(Last edited by my_amin; 6th January 2014 at 07:46 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by old.splatterhand View Post
Depends on, if we are talking about official HTC roms/updates or custom roms. For custom roms you usually don't need to change CID.

You should use SuperSu, because i'm not sure that Superuser is still in development (especially for newer Android versions).
Grab the zip file here and flash in recovery (should also remove Superuser you have already flashed).

Thank you again, my device was rooted completely and now programs have root access.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	13
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	2498718