Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,027 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Swapping Micro SD Cards in Galaxy S4

Tip us?

Goodborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Swapping Micro SD Cards in Galaxy S4

Hey everyone, need some help and been searching for hours for an answer. I have a rooted Galaxy s4. I have apps that are installed to my external SD through the system options and I also have used folder mount to transfer some apps to external SD. I'm guessing that these are hidden files on my external SD card. I want to swap my current 32GB card for a newer 64GB card. How can I create an exact copy of my external card? I tried copying and pasting all my contents from my external sd but it didn't transfer everything because my apps weren't there upon installing the new SD. How to I copy the entire contents of the old 32GB external SD to the new 64 GB external sd? Thanks

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodborn View Post
Hey everyone, need some help and been searching for hours for an answer. I have a rooted Galaxy s4. I have apps that are installed to my external SD through the system options and I also have used folder mount to transfer some apps to external SD. I'm guessing that these are hidden files on my external SD card. I want to swap my current 32GB card for a newer 64GB card. How can I create an exact copy of my external card? I tried copying and pasting all my contents from my external sd but it didn't transfer everything because my apps weren't there upon installing the new SD. How to I copy the entire contents of the old 32GB external SD to the new 64 GB external sd? Thanks
How did you copy them? If you plug in the phone over USB then it won't show all files on the SD card in the phone, you either have to put it in it's own USB reader or get the USB Mass Storage app to mount it
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

Goodborn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
How did you copy them? If you plug in the phone over USB then it won't show all files on the SD card in the phone, you either have to put it in it's own USB reader or get the USB Mass Storage app to mount it
I plugged it in through my phone in USB mode and also manually took it out and put it in an SD reader. Either way didn't show