Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Swapping Micro SD Cards in Galaxy S4

OP Goodborn

6th January 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hey everyone, need some help and been searching for hours for an answer. I have a rooted Galaxy s4. I have apps that are installed to my external SD through the system options and I also have used folder mount to transfer some apps to external SD. I'm guessing that these are hidden files on my external SD card. I want to swap my current 32GB card for a newer 64GB card. How can I create an exact copy of my external card? I tried copying and pasting all my contents from my external sd but it didn't transfer everything because my apps weren't there upon installing the new SD. How to I copy the entire contents of the old 32GB external SD to the new 64 GB external sd? Thanks
6th January 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 651

1,307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodborn

Hey everyone, need some help and been searching for hours for an answer. I have a rooted Galaxy s4. I have apps that are installed to my external SD through the system options and I also have used folder mount to transfer some apps to external SD. I'm guessing that these are hidden files on my external SD card. I want to swap my current 32GB card for a newer 64GB card. How can I create an exact copy of my external card? I tried copying and pasting all my contents from my external sd but it didn't transfer everything because my apps weren't there upon installing the new SD. How to I copy the entire contents of the old 32GB external SD to the new 64 GB external sd? Thanks

How did you copy them? If you plug in the phone over USB then it won't show all files on the SD card in the phone, you either have to put it in it's own USB reader or get the USB Mass Storage app to mount it
6th January 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

How did you copy them? If you plug in the phone over USB then it won't show all files on the SD card in the phone, you either have to put it in it's own USB reader or get the USB Mass Storage app to mount it

I plugged it in through my phone in USB mode and also manually took it out and put it in an SD reader. Either way didn't show
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread