Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Omni on the NEXUS 7 3G

OP nikkarat

4th January 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hello All,

I decided to update my Nexus 7 3G and after some considerations between CM11 and Omni 2 days ago I installed Omni with no issues. After 2 days of intensive use everything works fine with some minnor issues which I don't know if they are Omni specific.

1. Battery-When Nexus is on it seems that doesn't charge with Omni kernel. With r77 of Franco Kernel it charges normally.
2. Keyboard-Stock Google keyboard when active and with Nexus connected to WiFi uses data evef if not used. 11.5M in few minuted. I installed Swiftkey, deactivated Google Keyboard and now no data use.
3. OpenDelta-My first update was fine with no problems. Just a note: OpenDelta downloaded some files after it booted to recovery (TRWP 2.6.3.1) to finisg the installation. After that in the OpenDelta directory there a file of 265.7M. How is it possible?

I don't know if the above issues are ROM specific or else. Anyone had the some issues?
Thanks
4th January 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chilly-Mazarin
Thanks Meter: 60

168 posts
More
Google keyboard fetching data is a known issue, but it's a Gapps problem.
Omni uses the AOSP keyboard, which works just fine.

Sent from my Find 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th January 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bologna

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryHapposai

Google keyboard fetching data is a known issue, but it's a Gapps problem.
Omni uses the AOSP keyboard, which works just fine.

Thank you

I installed the last nighty (20140104) and now battery charge works fine
4th January 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #4  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,822

13,533 posts
Donate to Me
More
2012 or 2013 Nexus 7?

My 2013 charges just fine.

Unless you're talking about charging from a PC's USB port - Many of Franco's kernels do dangerous things that can damage your hardware like allowing more than 500 mA to be pulled from a standard downstream port (SDP) - Omni will never include such dangerous features in order to protect your hardware.
6th January 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bologna

4 posts
More
Before installing Swiftkey keyboard there were only Google keyboards. Where the AOSP Keyboars is?

My nexus 7 is 2012 tilapia. Usually PC's USB ports are designed to not deliver more than 500 mA and are fuse protected. Anyway not permitting more than 500 mA on a USD port is a good idea, but from the mains more than 500 mA should be possible as the charger is rated 2 Amps.

Any nighty is better than the other and update is fine, compliments for your work.
6th January 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #6  
Flag Chilly-Mazarin
Thanks Meter: 60

168 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkarat

Before installing Swiftkey keyboard there were only Google keyboards. Where the AOSP Keyboars is?

Guess it has been removed by your Gapps package... Also happens with Launcher3, that may get replaced by Google's GEL.

6th January 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #7  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,822

13,533 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkarat

My nexus 7 is 2012 tilapia. Usually PC's USB ports are designed to not deliver more than 500 mA and are fuse protected. Anyway not permitting more than 500 mA on a USD port is a good idea, but from the mains more than 500 mA should be possible as the charger is rated 2 Amps.

Any nighty is better than the other and update is fine, compliments for your work.

Unfortunately my grouper is now in the hands of my family, but no one else has reported any issues with charging from the wall charger.

Unless you're using a 2A iDevice charger - these get detected as USB by most Android devices as Apple doesn't follow the standards.
6th January 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bologna

4 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Unfortunately my grouper is now in the hands of my family, but no one else has reported any issues with charging from the wall charger.

Unless you're using a 2A iDevice charger - these get detected as USB by most Android devices as Apple doesn't follow the standards.

Probably I have not been clear in my post. After 20140104 nighty update charge works from both USB and wall charger even when the Nexus is on and this was the issue i had before the update, no charge at all when the device was on. Now less that 500 mA from both USB and wall, I simply was aspecting more charge current from the wall. I am using the charger that cames with the Nexus 7. Anyway this is not any more an issue. I will update my Galaxy Nexus with Omni too.
Thank you and continue your excellent work

All Guys on the forum enjoy 2014!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread