XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Minor wifi annoyance after 4.3 upgrade

Tip us?

crbnfbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Minor wifi annoyance after 4.3 upgrade

First, I flashed Beans 4.3 OTA leak then his official 4.3, and both worked perfect. No random reboots or fc's. Then I just installed Sophisticated 2.0, and again no issues.

Other than the fact I keep getting a notification saying my wifi connected to my network even though it was already connected, and I always have it set to keep wifi on during sleep.

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything that sounded like my issue. I attached a screenshot of the notification I get at least a few times a day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388470757781.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	2485076

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to crbnfbr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

computerslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbnfbr View Post
First, I flashed Beans 4.3 OTA leak then his official 4.3, and both worked perfect. No random reboots or fc's. Then I just installed Sophisticated 2.0, and again no issues.

Other than the fact I keep getting a notification saying my wifi connected to my network even though it was already connected, and I always have it set to keep wifi on during sleep.

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything that sounded like my issue. I attached a screenshot of the notification I get at least a few times a day.

Attachment 2485076

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
That is an annoyance, but thankfully one that can (newly) be turned off. Go to settings, wifi, advanced and uncheck 'wi-fi notifications'.
The Following User Says Thank You to computerslayer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crbnfbr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerslayer View Post
That is an annoyance, but thankfully one that can (newly) be turned off. Go to settings, wifi, advanced and uncheck 'wi-fi notifications'.
Thank you so much. It wasn't really a big deal, more annoying than anything. Coming from 4.1.2 I never had that, but that had that stupid wifi always in the notification panel.

computerslayer
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbnfbr View Post
Thank you so much. It wasn't really a big deal, more annoying than anything. Coming from 4.1.2 I never had that, but that had that stupid wifi always in the notification panel.
(Sorry for the late reply - missed the notification on the forums.)

Glad to help - I've always hated that ongoing alert in the stock ROM. It's great to have an option to turn it off.