XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Percentage not displaying properly

Tip us?

CHiSEEN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Battery Percentage not displaying properly

So for awhile now my battery percentage has been acting funny. The majority of the time, it displays 0% regardless of the actual charge. Sometimes it will display as the real charge but then it will remain displaying that level even after the charge has dropped. I have tried formatting and flashing different roms, it doesn't seem like the ROM is the issue. Currently using one of the CM11 builds from last week. You can see from my screenshot that regardless of being charged it shows 0% across the board for the last 2 days.

Anyone know what's up with this? My gut is telling me to open up the case and check the battery connection, but I'm wary of cracking my backplate when prying it open. I heard its quite fragile.

LinearEquation
Old
Thanks Meter 331

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiSEEN View Post
So for awhile now my battery percentage has been acting funny. The majority of the time, it displays 0% regardless of the actual charge. Sometimes it will display as the real charge but then it will remain displaying that level even after the charge has dropped. I have tried formatting and flashing different roms, it doesn't seem like the ROM is the issue. Currently using one of the CM11 builds from last week. You can see from my screenshot that regardless of being charged it shows 0% across the board for the last 2 days.

Anyone know what's up with this? My gut is telling me to open up the case and check the battery connection, but I'm wary of cracking my backplate when prying it open. I heard its quite fragile.
Sometimes after flashing a ROM the battery stats will act weird. Charge to 100% and use the battery calibration app and you should be back to normal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
[ROOT]
2013 KFHD7 KFSOWI with firmware 11.x.x.x KFSOWI (no camera/no HDMI output) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2544736 Post 10 at the link has instructions to block Amazon OTA updates on KFHD 7 KFSOWI
Remove Ads from Lockscreen KFHD7 2013 KFSOWI http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48623841
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CHiSEEN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thanks I'll try that. I've never had to recalibrate my battery after flashing with any of my other devices. Hopefully this fixes it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CHiSEEN
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiSEEN View Post
Thanks I'll try that. I've never had to recalibrate my battery after flashing with any of my other devices. Hopefully this fixes it!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Doesn't seem like the calibration app is doing anything, it thinks the charge is at 0% as well. Also when I boot into recovery (TWRP), there is no battery charge displayed. On my phone it displays the charge next to the time.

Actarus81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
so glad to have come across your msg because I've been having the same issue for the past week.
I owed a Nexus 7 2013 unrooted which I'm running with the latest version 4.4.2.
I've been googling all weekend and came across several msg on the issue.
My issue is that tablet been shutting off at 40% as if my tablet is seen 0%. Just before it shut down a msg appear saying low battery and the tablet shut off but problem is the per engage show 40% and this started since this past weekend.

I've try to recharge my tablet by closing it and charging it to no avail. I also read on different board that those app calibrate a myth and does nothing to solve the issue. The only thing I haven't done is factory rest my system because again I've read that the issue still persisting.
Also each time that I'm charging my tablet I notice that it stay a long time on 100% but the moment it reach 40% it shut down as if is 0%.

I'm hoping other users can come by and confirm if they experiencing the same issue.