Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will not boot roms after clean up

Tip us?

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoxyburn View Post
I guess I should ensure that I am doing a "full wipe" properly. I suppose I am not doing it. How should I be doing a full? Like this? :

Wipe Data/factory reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik-Cache
Wipe Battery Stats
Format /system
You haven't wiped the system partition in that description.

You need to wipe, system, data, cache, dalvik (battery stats isn't a real thing that needs wiping)

Then flash the ROM.

If none of that works, restore the whole thing back to stock in Odin and start over.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

lalec
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoxyburn View Post
I guess I should ensure that I am doing a "full wipe" properly. I suppose I am not doing it. How should I be doing a full? Like this? :

Wipe Data/factory reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik-Cache
Wipe Battery Stats
Format /system
Your exact steps are dependent on which custom recovery you are using (e.g., CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch, etc.). For the custom ROMs I have tried the developer always included information in one of the first couple of posts explaining exactly how much wiping is required for that ROM and what specific steps to follow in CWM or TWRP. For a good example of this look carefully at jovy23's original post in this thread and you will see both TWRP and CWM sections:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292054

I've seen different definitions of "full wipe," one example of which is in the 6th post of this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1410881

but, having said that, if your ROM's developer has specific instructions it's always a good idea to follow those. Good luck!