Phone will not enter stock recovery

Search This thread
May 11, 2011
yuma, az
New to this phone, coming from rzr max. Like it says above I Rooted using the rockmymoto method. Then tried to enter stock recovery (just figured it would be good to know how) powered off then back on by holding the pwr+vol- buttons. Once in fastboot or whatever I select recovery and hit the volume up button and phone just reboots. No matter what I selected it just reboots. May not be a big deal was just curious if I was the only one.
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Install SafeStrap v3.65..far more useful..complete system backup, multiple slots for different setups, change your complete system layout in a matter a few minutes, and a reboot..SafeStrap takes over your stock recovery..you'll never use or need stock recovery again with SafeStrap..without SS..a device is very limited..ofcourse Root and SafeStrap is a must have with anyone that wants function and performance and testing ability..

Anyhow..do a search for recovery..you will find your answer(s)..

sent by my 4.2.2_12.15.15
RockMyMoto Root..SafeStrap v3.65
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

Please donate to: jcase & Hashcode (if you can)

Last edited:

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
SS doesn't replace stock recovery you need stock recovery to take an update. SS just allowsbyou to flash zips and make backups and ROM slots.

May 11, 2011
yuma, az
OK I already have SS and I am pretty familiar with it since I was running it on my rzr max but if I recall correctly I could still get into factory recovery by using fastboot on the rzr but can't on the maxx. Guess rockmymoto removed it. Anyways thanks for the replies!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited: