Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Boost Prevail Donor for Epic 4G Touch HELP PLEASE

OP Spikit

3rd January 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I'm sorry if this has been answered but I've been up for 8 hours trying to figure this out and have been unsuccessful.

I've been following the guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1419488 and I know it suggest the icognito but I had a prevail on boost for 2 years so I wanted to use that for a donor for my new epic 4g touch.

I was unable to transfer the NV 1192 or 466_1 per this article http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987463 since CDMA Workshop doesn't seem to allow "_" and I had access denied to 1192 for some reason. Regardless, I was able to retrieve the AAA and HA from the export using that guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987463 but without being able to upload the RV I feel like that's the missing link.

Also the commands requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof / requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof 1 didn't work either.
This also is a guide I was looking at : https://docs.google.com/document/pub...9xvLLeCDTbeqdM

Looking at the main guide of going from Icognito to 4g Touch, is anyone out there able to give the necessary adjustments to make this work for the prevail? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Spikit; 3rd January 2014 at 04:07 PM.
3rd January 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #2  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 7,846
 
4,792 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikit

I'm sorry if this has been answered but I've been up for 8 hours trying to figure this out and have been unsuccessful.

I've been following the guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1419488 and I know it suggest the icognito but I had a prevail on boost for 2 years so I wanted to use that for a donor for my new epic 4g touch.

I was unable to transfer the NV 1192 or 466_1 per this article http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987463 since CDMA Workshop doesn't seem to allow "_" and I had access denied to 1192 for some reason. Regardless, I was able to retrieve the AAA and HA from the export using that guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987463 but without being able to upload the RV I feel like that's the missing link.

Also the commands requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof / requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof 1 didn't work either.
This also is a guide I was looking at : https://docs.google.com/document/pub...9xvLLeCDTbeqdM

Looking at the main guide of going from Icognito to 4g Touch, is anyone out there able to give the necessary adjustments to make this work for the prevail? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

There is another guide from Chris41g for the Epic 4G to Boost. Search for that and follow those instructions, should get you going. Sorry, cannot say anymore on this via the threads due to topic.
3rd January 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by garwynn

There is another guide from Chris41g for the Epic 4G to Boost. Search for that and follow those instructions, should get you going. Sorry, cannot say anymore on this via the threads due to topic.

If you're referring to the youtube 2 part series then yes, I have been through that. But unfortunately that is with an incognito and I guess there a different NV's that need to be obtained.

Thanks though.. Will someone PM me with info if that have it pleaseeeee .
6th January 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikit

If you're referring to the youtube 2 part series then yes, I have been through that. But unfortunately that is with an incognito and I guess there a different NV's that need to be obtained.

Thanks though.. Will someone PM me with info if that have it pleaseeeee .

I resolved this. Thanks.
6th January 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #5  
bilgerryan's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 29,239
 
15,899 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikit

I resolved this. Thanks.

Edit the title to say (Fixed) at the end so you can help others with the same problem... That's how the community works, everybody can contribute in some way

7th January 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #6  
tdunham's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
TampaBay
Thanks Meter: 20,331
 
8,943 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikit

I resolved this. Thanks.

And share what worked for you in the boost forum in case someone else needs to go through the same thing with the Prevail.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes