5,598,233 Members 47,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Process crash endless loop

Tip us?
 
nahumboaz
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Question [Q] Process crash endless loop

I just got my S4 19505
I rooted it, Installed CWM,Did a backup and tried to install CM kitkat.
Got a dead phone.
Read Here and installed stock firmware.
After boot I'm in gaps process crash loop.
I can't follow any advice in forums, because of the crash notification I can't change nothing in my phone settings.
I can't wipe data because from some reason I can't boot to recovery mode.
All I have is loading mode,I tried reinstall firmware,reinstall CWM.

I searched for a way to wipe data using Odin..

Can any please help
Sorry for my broken English.
 
elesbb
Old
#2  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3860
Posts: 6,244
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahumboaz View Post
I just got my S4 19505
I rooted it, Installed CWM,Did a backup and tried to install CM kitkat.
Got a dead phone.
Read Here and installed stock firmware.
After boot I'm in gaps process crash loop.
I can't follow any advice in forums, because of the crash notification I can't change nothing in my phone settings.
I can't wipe data because from some reason I can't boot to recovery mode.
All I have is loading mode,I tried reinstall firmware,reinstall CWM.

I searched for a way to wipe data using Odin..

Can any please help
Sorry for my broken English.
So you can't boot into the OS at all anymore? Cause if you can at least get into the OS you can use adb to terminate the the crashed app if it still rooted. And are you certain you can no longer get to recovery? I've already made the mistake of not having the volume up button fully depressed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
 
nahumboaz
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
So you can't boot into the OS at all anymore? Cause if you can at least get into the OS you can use adb to terminate the the crashed app if it still rooted. And are you certain you can no longer get to recovery? I've already made the mistake of not having the volume up button fully depressed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Thank you for your reply.
After flashing stock firmware I lost root.
I can log into android OS, But because of the annoying popular I have no chance to change nothing.
As for adb you mentioned , it is something I need to learn. From the little I know, It won't help me without root.

Thank you very much.
Boaz
 
Android_Monsters
Old
#4  
Android_Monsters's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 747
Posts: 2,732
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Have you tried chainfire's auto root?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
elesbb
Old
#5  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3860
Posts: 6,244
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahumboaz View Post
Thank you for your reply.
After flashing stock firmware I lost root.
I can log into android OS, But because of the annoying popular I have no chance to change nothing.
As for adb you mentioned , it is something I need to learn. From the little I know, It won't help me without root.

Thank you very much.
Boaz
Hold the volume up button while its booting. it should get you to recovery.
 
nahumboaz
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Hold the volume up button while its booting. it should get you to recovery.
I manged somehow to install stock firmware again.

Root: CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505

CWM: i9505-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.2(0611): http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1370946022

But again I can only boot from my OS (e.g. Quick Reboot), but not by Volume UP.

This is big problem for if, because after each mistake in try to update ROM (I'm trying to update to 4.4.2 CM 11), in order wipe I need to re-install the stock firmware.

Thx
Boaz
 
nahumboaz
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Thx it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Hold the volume up button while its booting. it should get you to recovery.
Thanks it works !!!

I always tried to hold both HOME+Volume UP. That how it works with my original ROM (stock recovery)
Don't understand how this behavior changed

Thx again
Boaz
 
elesbb
Old
#8  
elesbb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3860
Posts: 6,244
Join Date: Jun 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahumboaz View Post
Thanks it works !!!

I always tried to hold both HOME+Volume UP. That how it works with my original ROM (stock recovery)
Don't understand how this behavior changed

Thx again
Boaz
It's actually never been home and volume up for the s4. I too was fooled by this. I guess since the s3 behaved this way someone tried it on the s4 and it worked... but I never ever needed home button pressed to boot to recovery with volume up glad everything is sorted out for ya!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Easily Configure Xposed Module Projects in Eclipse

XDA Recognized Developer rovo89‘s innovative and versatile Xposed Framework allows … more

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more