Ask a question

No registration required

At&t + N9005 = Any data at all?

OP PatienceWithin

6th January 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
Purchased a N9005 Czech version and currently using it was Straight talk. Made the stupid mistake thinking 4G/LTE were two different services but pretty are the same. Now I have texting working just fine, factory unlocked. None of that region lock, bs. When I go out on the town. I'll try to access such apps like Firefox and connection error. I'm pretty sure I have my APN settings correct but it won't matter if the phone isn't gonna accept any data at all from At&t. I know it won't accept LTE just yet (fingerscrossed) but will it accept any data at all or do I just have a texting phone and can't enjoy anything else.
7th January 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 114

714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWithin

Purchased a N9005 Czech version and currently using it was Straight talk. Made the stupid mistake thinking 4G/LTE were two different services but pretty are the same. Now I have texting working just fine, factory unlocked. None of that region lock, bs. When I go out on the town. I'll try to access such apps like Firefox and connection error. I'm pretty sure I have my APN settings correct but it won't matter if the phone isn't gonna accept any data at all from At&t. I know it won't accept LTE just yet (fingerscrossed) but will it accept any data at all or do I just have a texting phone and can't enjoy anything else.

With AT&T all data is handled on the highband like LTE/4G which are the same and the slower 3G. Unless you can access those bands which are in the 850Mhz range you will get no data. What frequencies is your version supposed to operate on?
7th January 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68

With AT&T all data is handled on the highband like LTE/4G which are the same and the slower 3G. Unless you can access those bands which are in the 850Mhz range you will get no data. What frequencies is your version supposed to operate on?

Not too sure how to find that out to be fully honest. How would one go about finding this. I'm pretty sure the phone can pick up 850 band but not the 700 band if that's what you're referring too. I know it can access At&t HSPA+ network but I'm only going by what I read around the forums.

You'll have to bare with me on the stupidity of my responses, haha.
Last edited by PatienceWithin; 7th January 2014 at 12:21 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread