Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 41,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

At&t + N9005 = Any data at all?

Tip us?

PatienceWithin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default At&t + N9005 = Any data at all?

Purchased a N9005 Czech version and currently using it was Straight talk. Made the stupid mistake thinking 4G/LTE were two different services but pretty are the same. Now I have texting working just fine, factory unlocked. None of that region lock, bs. When I go out on the town. I'll try to access such apps like Firefox and connection error. I'm pretty sure I have my APN settings correct but it won't matter if the phone isn't gonna accept any data at all from At&t. I know it won't accept LTE just yet (fingerscrossed) but will it accept any data at all or do I just have a texting phone and can't enjoy anything else.

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWithin View Post
Purchased a N9005 Czech version and currently using it was Straight talk. Made the stupid mistake thinking 4G/LTE were two different services but pretty are the same. Now I have texting working just fine, factory unlocked. None of that region lock, bs. When I go out on the town. I'll try to access such apps like Firefox and connection error. I'm pretty sure I have my APN settings correct but it won't matter if the phone isn't gonna accept any data at all from At&t. I know it won't accept LTE just yet (fingerscrossed) but will it accept any data at all or do I just have a texting phone and can't enjoy anything else.
With AT&T all data is handled on the highband like LTE/4G which are the same and the slower 3G. Unless you can access those bands which are in the 850Mhz range you will get no data. What frequencies is your version supposed to operate on?

PatienceWithin
Old
(Last edited by PatienceWithin; 6th January 2014 at 11:21 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68 View Post
With AT&T all data is handled on the highband like LTE/4G which are the same and the slower 3G. Unless you can access those bands which are in the 850Mhz range you will get no data. What frequencies is your version supposed to operate on?
Not too sure how to find that out to be fully honest. How would one go about finding this. I'm pretty sure the phone can pick up 850 band but not the 700 band if that's what you're referring too. I know it can access At&t HSPA+ network but I'm only going by what I read around the forums.

You'll have to bare with me on the stupidity of my responses, haha.