I want to get rid of most of these problems and the bloatware from Sony by installing some custom ROM and kernel. However for this I must root the phone ,unlock the bootloader and flash CWM recorvery and this might be a problem for me ,because I have never done such complicated stuff without some rooting/unlocking BL toolkit. The only android device that I rooted,unlocked BL ,flashed kernels etc... was my Nexus 7 because it is easy and safe to do these stuffs with Nexus Root Toolkit and with TWRP. And so Im gonna need from you to answer these following questions before I start with the procedure:
1. Is my rooting ,unlocking BL ,flashing etc... setup correct?
1. Rooting the phone with FlashTool and with DoomLords easy rooting toolkit
2. Flashing CWM (locked BL edition)
3. Backing up TA directory (where are DRM keys required for functionality of Bravia Engine and for those Sony stuff)
4. Nandroid BackUp
5. Unlocking Bootloader
2. Is it safe to flash Firmware 12.0.A.1.257 in order to root my phone ,even if the phone already had the newest one(12.0.a.2.254)?
3. Is driver for my XSP from Sony PC Companion enough ,or I need to install more drivers? For sure I installed Flashmode and Fastboot drivers from FlashTool folder
4. Should I do nandroid back up before unlocking BL?
5. When I unlock Bootloader ,will it erase the stock ROM with Kernel ,or only data (for example videos ,pictures ,DRM keys?)
6. Will unlocked BL erase the CWM (the one for the locked BL) and root?
7. If something goes wrong while unlocking BL and my device bricks ,will be CWM useful for unbricking?
8. If I want to flash a new ROM ,must I always use FlashTool ,or I can always install them via CWM? If yes ,is the option "wipe data/factory reset" enough for flashing new ROM ,or i need to wipe cache with dalvik too?
9. Do I need microSD card (like a external storage) for flashing new ROM/kernel? Or does the option in CWM "wipe data/factory reset" leave by files like nandroid and ziped ROM / kernels? And is 1GB microSD card enough for nandroid and custom ROMs enough?
10. Whats the percentual chance that my phone will get bricked by doing all of this?
Thank you for answers.
Additional question: I saw on this forum some topics about some offline charging bug. WIll it have negative effect while rooting/unlocking BL?